Any Gunwerks Clymer Owners?

Ltsheets

Looks like I'm lucky and going to be able to do a sheep hunt for my 40th in 2024. I'm strongly considering selling a few rifles to fund a new rifle for the trip. Whatever I buy and take on the trip will become an heirloom because I keep rifles I take on special trips like that. I'm very tempted to get a Clymer in 7 rem mag as a do it all type rifle. I'd love to hear some opinions from people who own them or have shot them. The bare rifle with titanium action is around the same price as other high end sheep rifles. Thanks!

Looks like I'm lucky and going to be able to do a sheep hunt for my 40th in 2024. I'm strongly considering selling a few rifles to fund a new rifle for the trip. Whatever I buy and take on the trip will become an heirloom because I keep rifles I take on special trips like that. I'm very tempted to get a Clymer in 7 rem mag as a do it all type rifle. I'd love to hear some opinions from people who own them or have shot them. The bare rifle with titanium action is around the same price as other high end sheep rifles. Thanks!
Best of luck on your trip, you are indeed a lucky person to be able to get a Sheep hunt. Where are you going and what species of Sheep? Well it's 2+ years away and you will have plenty of time getting everything in order for the hunt. I always used to say that "It's not the Destination, But the Trip Getting There, which is the Adventure In-It's Self". I would always start the adventure with a checklist, which kept me pumped up with each item checked off of the list. The 7mm Mag can take you just about anywhere.
Again Good Luck, enjoy the trip form this moment until you come back home from it and be safe. I am sure that you can get a wealth of knowledge from the members on this LRF site.

I have a GW Magnus 7-LRM that I really, really like. Customer service has been exemplary. Stand up company. You get what you pay for - a lot. Have 3 other rifles custom built with Clymr stocks and am loving those stocks as well - perfect for a mountain rig. If you want to purchase a shooting system, Gunwerks is a great option IMO. Only thing I would like to add to the stocks is the Verdict rubber grip. 😎

Have you considered the 7 SAUM instead? I think that it's the sweet spot for this type of mountain hunting. If being able to buy factory ammo in a store wherever you are is a priority, then I can understand the 7 RM - but that has been hard for pretty much any cartridge the last while. GW loads the 7 SAUM, so pretty easy to get generally. They are sweet to shoot and tune. 🤠

Good luck on your hunt with whatever you decide to go with. 👍

My buddy owns one in 6.5 PRC...I love the stock and it shoot very well. He got the entire package with the loaded ammo, BR4, and kahles scope....but man the stock on the Clymer is special.

Good luck on the hunt.

Best of luck on your trip, you are indeed a lucky person to be able to get a Sheep hunt. Where are you going and what species of Sheep? Well it's 2+ years away and you will have plenty of time getting everything in order for the hunt. I always used to say that "It's not the Destination, But the Trip Getting There, which is the Adventure In-It's Self". I would always start the adventure with a checklist, which kept me pumped up with each item checked off of the list. The 7mm Mag can take you just about anywhere.
Again Good Luck, enjoy the trip form this moment until you come back home from it and be safe. I am sure that you can get a wealth of knowledge from the members on this LRF site.
Thank you! I haven't booked the hunt yet but I'm down to just a couple outfitters likely. Dall in AK is prob the only one I can afford that doesn't require as long a time away from home.

I have a GW Magnus 7-LRM that I really, really like. Customer service has been exemplary. Stand up company. You get what you pay for - a lot. Have 3 other rifles custom built with Clymr stocks and am loving those stocks as well - perfect for a mountain rig. If you want to purchase a shooting system, Gunwerks is a great option IMO. Only thing I would like to add to the stocks is the Verdict rubber grip. 😎

Have you considered the 7 SAUM instead? I think that it's the sweet spot for this type of mountain hunting. If being able to buy factory ammo in a store wherever you are is a priority, then I can understand the 7 RM - but that has been hard for pretty much any cartridge the last while. GW loads the 7 SAUM, so pretty easy to get generally. They are sweet to shoot and tune. 🤠

Good luck on your hunt with whatever you decide to go with. 👍
That's awesome! I've been impressed by their customer service when buying reloading components and I don't even have one of their rifles. The support is a big reason I'm considering a GW rifle in the first place.

Yes I love the 7SAUM. My concern is brass and dies. They can be tough to come by in these thin times lol.

My buddy owns one in 6.5 PRC...I love the stock and it shoot very well. He got the entire package with the loaded ammo, BR4, and kahles scope....but man the stock on the Clymer is special.

Good luck on the hunt.

I keep hearing the stock is so impressive and handles recoil extremely well keeping you in target.

My dad has a ClymR in 7 SAUM with 20" barrel. It hammers! It's an awesome rifle for sure. I've shot it a bit and do like the stock. I have a magnus in 300 RUM and I feel like the magnus is slightly more comfortable, but for a sheep hunt, the ClymR is the way to go.

My dad has a ClymR in 7 SAUM with 20" barrel. It hammers! It's an awesome rifle for sure. I've shot it a bit and do like the stock. I have a magnus in 300 RUM and I feel like the magnus is slightly more comfortable, but for a sheep hunt, the ClymR is the way to go.
This is almost exactly what I'm considering. 7SAUM is high on the list. Is his a stainless or TI action? How's it handle the recoil? What load is he shooting?

This is almost exactly what I'm considering. 7SAUM is high on the list. Is his a stainless or TI action? How's it handle the recoil? What load is he shooting?

It handles really well and recoil isn't bad at all. Definitely not hard to stay on target following a shot. He has the titanium action and is shooting the 168 HVLD and 180 ELDM Gunwerks loads. I'm going to have them build me a 7 SAUM this year since I've been so impressed with his rifle.

I bought the Clymer in 6.5 PRC about 18 months ago, and have been working up loads and shooting it, in preparation for a Yukon Dall sheep hunt in August 2022. With the Ti action, a 20" CF barrel, and NF NX8 2.5-20x, it weighs 8# 3 oz. This is my first Trigger Tech trigger (base model), and I'll have them on all future rifles. Recoil is minimal with the GW muzzle brake. Yes indeed, the service by GW is exceptional.
I bought it on recommendation of a friend who has used his to take his grand slam of sheep, and at this moment he is hunting another Desert Bighorn with it.
In addition to the sheep he has shot several elk, a moose, and several mule deer. It performed well on all of them.
Mine is easily shooting 1/2 MOA at 400 yds, and I'm still working on loads with new bullets.

I bought the Clymer in 6.5 PRC about 18 months ago, and have been working up loads and shooting it, in preparation for a Yukon Dall sheep hunt in August 2022. With the Ti action, a 20" CF barrel, and NF NX8 2.5-20x, it weighs 8# 3 oz. This is my first Trigger Tech trigger (base model), and I'll have them on all future rifles. Recoil is minimal with the GW muzzle brake. Yes indeed, the service by GW is exceptional.
I bought it on recommendation of a friend who has used his to take his grand slam of sheep, and at this moment he is hunting another Desert Bighorn with it.
In addition to the sheep he has shot several elk, a moose, and several mule deer. It performed well on all of them.
Mine is easily shooting 1/2 MOA at 400 yds, and I'm still working on loads with new bullets.
That's very encouraging to hear. I think I might go with a stainless action though and a lighter scope to save a little money. I love the trigger tech triggers as well. Eventhough I'll miss some of the rifles I'll have to sell to afford the GW, I feel like I won't regret it.

That's very encouraging to hear. I think I might go with a stainless action though and a lighter scope to save a little money. I love the trigger tech triggers as well. Eventhough I'll miss some of the rifles I'll have to sell to afford the GW, I feel like I won't regret it.
I think you're making a good call on the SS action. You might be happy with the Mark 5 3.6-18x44 with the G7 reticle. I like the March CT 2.5-25 that I have on a 6.5 Sherman - a lot of scope in a compact, light package.