Any Gunwerks Clymer Owners?

Thank you for the great response and photos! I'm def going with a short barrel. So you wouldn't trust the 6.5PRC on a Grizz with a tough bullet?
If you have a bonded bullet for the 6.5PRC I would trust it for grizzly. I was planning on shooting a grizzly with my 6.5CM but ran out of time. I believe it's about bullet placement :)

Love that rifle and the stock design specifically.

I have a similar weight rifle in a 20 inch 7 SAUM running a TBAC Ultra 7. With a VX6-HD 3-18x44, suppressor and bi-pod, sling and loaded with 3 rounds it weighs just under 9 pounds. It's a Def An-Ti LA, CF Stock and Barrel.

That's a similar weight and balance to what you're looking at. I love mine and running a 180 Berger at 2850 it will do all I need retaining 2000 fps to nearly 700 yards at sea level.
That sounds like a very nice rig!

That's awesome! I've been impressed by their customer service when buying reloading components and I don't even have one of their rifles. The support is a big reason I'm considering a GW rifle in the first place.

Yes I love the 7SAUM. My concern is brass and dies. They can be tough to come by in these thin times lol.

ADG sold out of their run of 7saum this summer. The next run is already on the books (allegedly). If you're considering the 7saum, order the brass now and you should have it sometime in '22.
Plenty of time to prep for your hunt. I like the 7saum enough over my other rifles that I'd wait for the brass vs choosing another cartridge. I think it's basically the perfect chambering for the mountain.

I've put down a number of decent sized black bears with a 6.5ss and it left me wanting a little bit more for my mountain rifles where Bears were an option. It killed them, but not with the authority I'd like. I wouldn't choose to hunt a Grizz with a 6.5. 7mm would be my minimum and prefer a 30.

Good luck on whatever you choose. The sheep mountains are an amazing place to spend time in.

Last edited:
ADG sold out of their run of 7saum this summer. The next run is already on the books (allegedly). If you're considering the 7saum, order the brass now and you should have it sometime in '22.
Plenty of time to prep for your hunt. I like the 7saum enough over my other rifles that I'd wait for the brass vs choosing another cartridge. I think it's basically the perfect chambering for the mountain.

I've put down a number of decent sized black bears with a 6.5ss and it left me wanting a little bit more for my mountain rifles where Bears were an option. It killed them, but not with the authority I'd like. I wouldn't choose to hunt a Grizz with a 6.5. 7mm would be my minimum and prefer a 30.

Good luck on whatever you choose. The sheep mountains are an amazing place to spend time in.
Great call on the ADG preorder but man I'm torn between 6.5PRC and 7SAUM.

Last year I finally built 2 guns for myself, rather than always borrowing for a hunt.

One was an 18 inch Clymr with titanium action in 6.5 PRC, Leupold mk5 3.6-18.

The other was a Magnus 20 inch SS action 7LRM with a Revic PMR.

It's hard to choose when there are so many options, but those are what I think fit me and the hunts I'll do.

Yes, I would shoot a grizzly with the 6.5....

I have a Gunwerks Magnus in 6.5 PRC and a Clymer in 7 SAUM. Both have taken game at good distances. I found the Magnus a bit heavy to carry in the mountains so ordered the Clymer. It has taken moose, wolves, deer, and elk with Gunwerks ammo. It has a Leupold Mk 5 scope with the Gunwerks reticle. This is an awesome combo at 7.5 pounds, I could not be happier. Recoil is very manageable. My many thanks to Mitch for a great recommendation.

Liking the looks of the Clymr! What does the stock weigh?
Around 29 - 30 oz or little more depending on options. They seem a little more solid than some other light-weight stocks. I just really like them - the recessed, integrated pic rail and the overall balance, ergonomics, the way they handle recoil - about perfect all around. Just a solid platform for a mountain rifle solution.

Found a Unicorn!! Bought a used Clymer Ti 7SAUM with 22" barrel. 75 rounds shot and $4700!!!! I'm so excited about getting the rifle in my hands and feel like it's going to be perfect for my sheep hunt that I put a deposit on today!! Pumped! (If you can't tell haha)
Wow! Smoking deal. We pay more than that on trade ins. You're on the family now, so don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.