Yellowstone’s Grizzly #399 Killed

The roads in and around YP are demolition derby on wildlife. I can tell you I have been passed in the park in limited sight distance by rockets. I am running at speed limit but lot of people want to use the winding roads as their own race course.

Mountain Journal:
"According to a 2022 National Park Service report cited in the assessment, more than 1 million vehicles use 191 to enter Yellowstone from the west, and a quarter of all crashes in their study area involved wildlife. Between 2011 and 2020, the transportation department and the Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team documented 1,322 animal carcasses along U.S. 191 and MT 64, and the true number of road-killed could be eight times higher, researchers claim."

IMO the distances for various sights are so far apart that people underestimate how much time it takes on these roads to get from point A to point B. Which results in pedal to the metal! And doing more stupid crap.

I don't drive it every day. I stay in a travel trailer most of the week. I only drive between 350 to 600 miles a week.

I worked 7 on 7 off…..so only did the drive 14 times per month, plus any OT. 88 miles each way, plus a 12 hr. shift made for some pretty long days/nights, if the plant "went to Hell"! memtb

The roads in and around YP are demolition derby on wildlife. I can tell you I have been passed in the park in limited sight distance by rockets. I am running at speed limit but lot of people want to use the winding roads as their own race course.

Mountain Journal:
"According to a 2022 National Park Service report cited in the assessment, more than 1 million vehicles use 191 to enter Yellowstone from the west, and a quarter of all crashes in their study area involved wildlife. Between 2011 and 2020, the transportation department and the Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team documented 1,322 animal carcasses along U.S. 191 and MT 64, and the true number of road-killed could be eight times higher, researchers claim."

IMO the distances for various sights are so far apart that people underestimate how much time it takes on these roads to get from point A to point B. Which results in pedal to the metal! And doing more stupid crap.
Road kill is an easy meal, I wonder how long the old girl survived on such. Perhaps familiarity with cars contributed to her demise.

Kind of like a hipster crossing roads with their phone. They always stopped before WTH!

The animals around here have no chance on the roads any more
It is unreal the road kill these days
Same here (Idaho). I swear more get killed by bumpers than bullets. People in a hurry, on the phone, who don't slow down at night. Bunch of people moving to the mountain west who don't know how to be here without screwing it all up....

I live about 10 miles north of where she was hit
The local deer herd has been decimated by the traffic coming from the south over the last 5 years.
It is unreal and only getting worse
Western Wyoming has changed so much it really sucks

I live about 10 miles north of where she was hit
The local deer herd has been decimated by the traffic coming from the south over the last 5 years.
It is unreal and only getting worse
Western Wyoming has changed so much it really sucks

We desperately need several back to back, record breaking winters to drive some of the "carpet baggers" out! 😉 memtb