Is a 270 WSM an adequate elk round?

I have taken 5 cows and a 5 point bull with a 270 wsm.
Absolutely it will kill elk.
1st cow elk was hit on a hard quartering shot at less than 100 yards. I can't remember the bullet weight but was a federal fusion either with 130 or 140 grain.
Bullet impacted behind front shoulder and clipped the top of her stomach which was full of hay from farmers field.
Enormous amount of tissue and blood shot meat I was pulling out clumps of hay under the skin from the rear leg bullet was a pass thru.
I ended up putting a faster twist barrel on it to keep up with the 6.8 western. That hasn't been working out so well for me because of the barrel maker not because of anything else.
As of this years elk hunt I shot the 5x5 bull elk in front of the shoulder and hit the neck it went maybe 4 yards spun around and hit the dirt. Shot was standing at 200 yards with a 165 gr Accu bond long range
Bullet going 2800 fps very little meat damage but still enough energy to fracture the scapula and break the spine with the bullet passing by it and not directly impacting the spine.
Furthest shot was at 400 yards on a cow elk with 140 gr interlock hit high shoulder passed through and again massive tissue damage and blood shot meat
ROTTEN, What are YOU doing?? Didn't anybody tell you that you can't shoot an elk under 800 yards anymore because it's not "Sporting"??

ROTTEN, What are YOU doing?? Didn't anybody tell you that you can't shoot an elk under 800 yards anymore because it's not "Sporting"??
I'm sorry I forgot only the cool people kill elk past 500 with super duper magnums.
If I shot a elk passed 600 yrds it would probably start to swell up by the time I got to it and back out of the hell hole it decided to die in. Like my father used to say " son you shoot one down there you better bring a skillet with you.
Because that's where you're going to be eating it"