wyoming unit 90 or 91

Yotebuster

Hope for some help making up my mind which one is better to apply for,
My party of 3 I have 7 points and the other 2 have 6 points a pcs so quess we average 6 points Is one better than the other, Would love to put my feet on the ground before the hunt but no way that is going to happen.

thanks for any help

Dan

First off, Wyoming totals the PPs of a party and then averages them out to 4 decimal places with no rounding up or down, so you'll go in the draw with them at 6.3333PPs. Base don last years draw stats you should be in the running for a tag at close to 100%. Make sure you know that there is a Type 1 and Type 2 tag for unit 90 with one tag being good only east of hwy 191 and the other west of hwy 191. Doe tags are the same way in that unit. The size of the areas is quite different with the one west of the hwy being 2 or 3 times as big as the other. Good luck!

I have hunted both units and live south of them about an hour. This year I killed two does in 91 without to much trouble. Last year and the year before that I had 90 type 6 (I think) East side of 191 doe/fawn only. Finding antelope in both areas is easy getting on them and close enough for a shot I have found 91 to be a little easier, but I have only hunted does up there which tend to be a little more edge, bucks are usually pretty easy to get close to if they don't have does. That said bucks in those areas are OK, I don't recall looking at any up there and thinking man that's nice.

I would look more towards the Red Desert between Rock Springs and Rawlins north and south of I80 there are lots of animals and some real studs.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.