Would you shoot this deer?

I would pass.. I haven't shot a buck in 30 years? I hunt for the freezer and
I have learned that does are far better on the table. The last buck I shot
you could smell from 30 feet away and my hands and clothes reeked!
No more..
This is funny to me. My family and I have been keeping track of the last several bucks I've shot. We have decided that the skunky bucks have more flavor. Maybe we are nuts, but we prefer the skunkers.

It sounds horrible now that I proof read this....

Uh...maybe....View attachment 153393
This one looked bigger alive....its a 168" buck...20" wide inside...big bases and pedicals more influential to older age....
No teeth...just like I like'm.....but 3" of fat on his butt.....
Alfalfa and oats.....probably won't taste very good.....
Could just be the picture, but I'm not seeing 168 on that Buck. 148 maybe?

Quick score....168.1"...
20.1" inside spread...
107.3" main points.....
18.2" & 18.7" circumference....
3.4" eyeguards......

37" of mass....

ew-biggie-007.jpg

Would you shoot this deer or consider leaving it for seed for more like him in the future
? No right or wrong answer. I realize it could be a trophy of a lifetime. Just wondering what others might consider?
I saw it and shot my phone!
I would shoot this deer all day

Just so you guys know....i lost a lot of pizza bets 'guessing scores'....i didn't ever win one when i had to score the antlers.....
But i have a lot of practice scoring antlers both elk(which I missed by lots on the guess(10" is a lot), deer and pronghorn...even lost one bet on a cow elk.........guy actually had one mounted..a matched pair...
I stopped by the local bike shop and got a new brake cable....i will breakdown the measurements to a gnatsass later tonite and post that score as well....

View attachment 153709
I agree, this deer measured 147 5/8.
Just for reference

Looks to me that you may have forgotten circumference measurements......if you have an eyeguard on each side you get two base and mainbeam measurements..then two above main fork...
If only one eyeguard you get two on that side and one on the other....
5" inches of mass really counts on scores.....and if no eyeguard 10" or mass is gone..........

Just so you guys know....i lost a lot of pizza bets 'guessing scores'....i didn't ever win one when i had to score the antlers.....
But i have a lot of practice scoring antlers both elk(which I missed by lots on the guess(10" is a lot), deer and pronghorn...even lost one bet on a cow elk.........guy actually had one mounted..a matched pair...
I stopped by the local bike shop and got a new brake cable....i will breakdown the measurements to a gnatsass later tonite and post that score as well....

Looks to me that you may have forgotten circumference measurements......if you have an eyeguard on each side you get two base and mainbeam measurements..then two above main fork...
5" inches of mass really counts on scores.....and if no eyeguard 10" or mass is gone..........
I didn't measure mine. B&c credited guys measured it at our local fish and game club

Not true. On Mule Deer, if the brow point is missing, you still get 2 mass measurements at the base (H1 and H2)

From the official score sheet.....

If brow point is missing, take H-1 and H-2 at smallest place between burr and G-2.

Okay...my quick score was a touch off....yes...more than enough to cost me a pizza.......heres the numbers...1018192109.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.