Winchester Model 70 30-06 Featherweight

I get it... basically fitting multiple barrels to a single action (or actions to barrels, because of stored dimensions). Are you using the integral magazine and floorplate, or do you have detachable mags? Asking because it seems that you must standardize on the same case, e.g., .243, 7-08, .308 if you're using the integral magazine and feed rails... correct?

I'm a huge M70 fan. No reason an M70 couldn't be fitted with a 'Wimage' barrel nut... you could index off of the extractor cut, know how many turns to insert the barrel down, and then just tighten the nut. Combine it with an M70-specific DBM that supports AICS mags and you'd have something.

I wonder why not even one gunsmithing operation in the US doesn't do this... is it that M70s are just not at all popular any more? Or, orders flat/unletted stock blanks and has their own CNC inletting for M70s... pre-64, the '80s-'00 New Haven Classics, and the FN Classics?
You would have to set head space before you could locate and cut the extractor relief so it wouldn't be a good candidate for a barrel nut, The control round feed does not need a detachable mag to feed and would actually have to be tuned to pick up the cartridge from a center feed mag as it cleared the feed lips of the magazine. You could modify a crf mod 70 but why?

I get it... basically fitting multiple barrels to a single action (or actions to barrels, because of stored dimensions). Are you using the integral magazine and floorplate, or do you have detachable mags? Asking because it seems that you must standardize on the same case, e.g., .243, 7-08, .308 if you're using the integral magazine and feed rails... correct
Yes, all run the same case, belted mag mostly, but I also have a switch barrel on a 25-300WSM & 6.5-300WSM standard length action without any DBM on any of them.
I don't like DBM, my ex-wife lost 2 mags on her Howa 1500 223 in 2 months…. 20 round mags both times.

Our regs allow ONE ACTION to be registered and licensed, but you can have as many barrels as you want, nearly all of my bolt rifles are switch barrels. Just makes sense.

Cheers.