HELP... Shots dropping off more than expected. Remington 700 .308 Hunting Rifle

Darn it. Not sure I have enough time before the trip to send the scope into Vortex.
Are you absolutely sure they are cracks?
The pics look like movement scratches to me, and that corroborates your use with a led sled. Yes, led sleds can damage a scope but most likely the scope will hold up to some level of abuse.

If those are actual cracks the scope body is compromised and I wouldn't rely on that scope anymore. Even if it was still functional a crack will let moisture inside. If your on a budget a good basic 3x9 scope can be had very affordable and will work for your upcoming hunt. A 3x9 will have a larger FOV anyways than your Crossfire you may end up liking better for your usual hunting on your home turf.

Whether it's movement marks or cracks they are likely caused by the lead sled.

You can't strap something down to keep if from moving. Something is going to give.

Not to beat down on you but that is not a high quality, durable scope in the first place and the sled didn't do it any favors.

While you are at it, replace those vertical split rings with a set of Warne Mountain Tech rings.

While you are at it, replace those vertical split rings with a set of Warne Mountain Tech rings.
It never hurts to have a better ring. It appears that the OP is using a Warne scope rings. If so, I have the same one on my 30 Gibbs propelling 190 Berger at 2806 FPS without issues. However, I use a mylar-type tape to help secure the scope. I have been doing this on all my scopes for a while now and stopped lapping them. I learned this from an old-time LRH member, Bruce Ventura. He used to be active here, but his business takes up most of his time.

1728707382872.jpeg

I have been doing this on all my scopes for a while now and stopped lapping them. I learned this from an old-time LRH member, Bruce Ventura. He used to be active here, but his business takes up most of his time.
I've often wondered about Bruce miss his presence.

Haven't read past first page, but I see no mention of actual velocity, so, I will say this.
My REM 700 SPS in 300RUM has zero issues, it is accurate and shoots surprisingly well for a light skinny barrel. Holds 3 shots fired fast into a clover leaf.
Now, this is an issue I have encountered several times, I bought 3 boxes of Barnes 165g TTSX, all they had in the shop at the time, to run in the barrel and do some drops, velocities were within 30fps of the box. Ran those, set drops/dope and hunted with that ammo until gone. When I went to buy more, they had none, but they had 180g TTSX ammo, 10 boxes on the shelf, all had the same lot#, so I bought 5 boxes.
Here's the kicker, re-zeroed to be 2" high at 100 and proceeded to shoot at 300, more than double the drop that should've been…huh?
Got the Chrony out and fired 5 shots, average was 3030fps, box numbers were 3250fps! So, this ammo was more than 200fps SLOW.
Can you see where I'm going here? It may be your ammo is slow…

Cheers.