Winchester Featherweight Factory Trigger

First Byron, from an ex Louisianan…….Welcome from North Central Wyoming.

If I already welcomed you……please pardon my dementia! 😜
I don't know the vintage (manufacturer of your Winchester) but if it's one of the old style made here in the US……you can probably adjust the trigger to a very satisfactory set!

We have several post '80 models (XTR's ect.) here…..pretty darn pleased with the factory triggers! I know nothing of the newer stuff from Winchester!

Oh……what part of La.? memtb

First Byron, from an ex Louisianan…….Welcome from North Central Wyoming.

If I already welcomed you……please pardon my dementia! 😜
I don't know the vintage (manufacturer of your Winchester) but if it's one of the old style made here in the US……you can probably adjust the trigger to a very satisfactory set!

We have several post '80 models (XTR's ect.) here…..pretty darn pleased with the factory triggers! I know nothing of the newer stuff from Winchester!

Oh……what part of La.? memtb
South of New Orleans Belle Chasse

Thank you for the reply it is a 80's gun shoots lights out just a tight trigger I am gonna try adj factory trigger this evening

Once you've gotten comfortable with adjusting it, be sure to tighten the "jam" nut very tight.

I even put Blue Loctite on both nuts. A friend of mine adjusted the trigger on another friend's rifle, after many rips on a 4 wheeler……apparently the "jam" nut must have backed off, allowing the trigger to "self adjust"!

He was on an elk hunt with friends, drove to the top of a steep draw with a hunting buddy's wife in the old Chevy truck…..all metal cab, very little sound deadening materials in the cab.

After a time they decided to chamber rounds figuring that the "drivers" would be getting close to the top of the draw, they decided to be prepared for elk coming out…..they both chambered rounds.

When his .338 WM went off in the cab, he "freaked-out, quickly ejected the spent case….slamming the bolt closed - firing off a second round.

One of those 210 grain Nosler Partions took out a piece of frame and a brake line, the other going through the bell housing, taking-out the clutch and pressure plate.

Both had ears ringing for days…..and "stressed" a good friendship!

Hence my use of the Blue Loctite……I don't like those kinds of surprises! 😉 memtb

AWESOME YOU MOVED TO SOME BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY

Thanks! It ain't all National Geographic photo worthy! We've live in what's considered "high desert"…..dry and desolate. But, we have a place down in the Big Horn River bottom…..so, we're pretty fortunate!

That said……awesome country is not far away! And, very few people to ruin the neighborhood! 😉 memtb