My worst Hunt ever!!!

More people should give up on hunting Utah when they don't do their homework and don't have a deer thrown in their lap. Makes more room for me.
One can't deny the the downward trends. Well at least for old guys that have seen it happen.

In my lifetime, guys used to go to the 4 corners area, and have tags for all of them. Now for the NR its basically once in a lifetime for many of the areas. So most of NR aren't coming back, at least not soon regardless.

One can't deny the the downward trends. Well at least for old guys that have seen it happen.

In my lifetime, guys used to go to the 4 corners area, and have tags for all of them. Now for the NR it's basically once in a lifetime for many of the areas. So most of NR aren't coming back, at least not soon regardless.
I don't think his post was referring to the population or tags. Most of us that hunt those areas know that's not where deer are at that moment. Based off a paragraphed complaint.

People are always full of excuses and failures to adapt. Hunting can be hard. Especially low success areas and OTC tags on public land. If it was easy; the success rate would be higher, and you wouldn't able to get a tag.

I see it everytime, every state I hunt, every year. People really do expect there to be animals frolicking about 2 minutes off the highway. Especially in Ca. Those dudes patrol the roads like their life depends on it. Many of the hard/er wilderness hunts, there isn't a person in sight.

Yes. There's a surplus of hunters. There's a decline in mule deer herds in most western states, mostly due to human encroachment, and poor habitat. Yes, tags are harder to come by. Elk hunting popularity has surged in the last few years. Wolves are a problem. Cats are a problem. Weather is a problem.

I still walk out with meat.