Winchester 21 Sharp

Im a heavy rimfire addict, in absolutely no form of recovery.... this one makes sense on the narrow bandwidth of non lead states. It's still going to be an uphill battle for this one. Like 17 Aguilla battle...

They do a decent enough job on non tox for the 17s and wmr, so unless production goes high enough to get costs way down it's boxed in on the performance envelope.

I've already stacked a 1022 in the closest as soon as someone makes a conversion barrel for the ruger, but it's probably going to compete for safe space with the 5mm and 17 aguilla in the dusty side of my safe.

Im a heavy rimfire addict, in absolutely no form of recovery.... this one makes sense on the narrow bandwidth of non lead states. It's still going to be an uphill battle for this one. Like 17 Aguilla battle...

They do a decent enough job on non tox for the 17s and wmr, so unless production goes high enough to get costs way down it's boxed in on the performance envelope.

I've already stacked a 1022 in the closest as soon as someone makes a conversion barrel for the ruger, but it's probably going to compete for safe space with the 5mm and 17 aguilla in the dusty side of my safe.

So my take, if Federal/Remington get on board through licensing, then it has a chance. Winchester does not have the best track record in terms of supplying ammo [look at 17WSM and 400 Legend].

Supposedly, the non-heeled bullet of the 21 Sharp is cheaper to produce than the heeled 22LR bullet.

It maybe be cheaper to produce mono bullets straight vs heeled, but clearly on the lead side of things healed is produced cheap.

I'd actually argue that it's gonna take more factors than just being picked up by the conglomerate that is cci/rem/fed. The 17 hm2 had pressure issues and could not be straight barrel swap adopted. It really curtailed it's adoption, and it had 3x companies jump on production. The 17 wsm was initially hamstrung by lack of available platforms. It took years for non b mag options to surface, as well as a single source of ammo.

For this to work it's going to have to work in current production rifles, have readily available ammo, multiple companies adopting it, and have no quirks in cross pattern adoption.

Personally it does nothing, including non toxic varmints, that practically appeals to me. Nothing my 17 hm2, hmr, wsm, 22 wmr or 22lr doesn't have covered. I'll still get one to try as my 591 and 17 Aguilla barrel need company....

I'd of loved to see 20 cal rimfire, but on a bigger casing.

So my take, if Federal/Remington get on board through licensing, then it has a chance. Winchester does not have the best track record in terms of supplying ammo [look at 17WSM and 400 Legend].

Supposedly, the non-heeled bullet of the 21 Sharp is cheaper to produce than the heeled 22LR bullet.
There is no licensing required. The 21 Sharp is SAMMI, so anybody that is able, can make cartridges and guns for it.