Winchester 21 Sharp

Im actually looking forward to it. Im in california and having accurate lead free bullets with higher bc sounds good.

Ive read for years that there are entire european countries that have or are going lead free so there is a bigger potential market than it would seem. We shall see.

That makes sense. There are lead free options for .22 LR, .22 WMR, and the various .17 rimfires.

May be a great round in theory but it will probably take another ammo manufacturer to produce quality ammo. Winchester makes some of the worst rimfire ammo out there. Just my opinion. I wish they would gear up and start producing good stuff again.

I shoot a fair bit of rimfire. I avoid Remington. Remington rimfire seems to shoot dirtier in my opinion.

Winchester is the brand I seem to see the most misfires and problems with.

That makes sense. There are lead free options for .22 LR, .22 WMR, and the various .17 rimfires.
I havent found a good shootin lead free 22lr for my yet. Im sure theyre out there but having a round designed with that as a box they want to check is appealing.

I have shot a couple of decent 22mag lead frees but in my opinion ths limiting factor with both of these seeing rhe bullets they really need is the 16" twist rate. I reason thats the limiting factor in over coming the copper 22LR heeled bullet. If you had twist the bullets engraving surface could be longer and the heel would be almost as a boattail. Maybe, i dunno.

The 17s are all 9" which of course gives them a lot of length to play with In bullet design. To me theyre loads are geared for too much speed and Ive just never wanted one. A bunch of my friends and cousins have them and I get a lot of info from their experiences.

So im looking forward to a quick twist 21/22 that can offer critter specific bullet types in lead free.

I believe they wanted monolithic or spirepoint in a non heeled bullet. At least that is what it seems like to me. Just use the .22 WMR case and you have something compatible with existing firearms without the heeled bullet. The .21 Sharp will not be compatible with .22 LR anyway.
I too would like to see them pour more design effort into a 22WMR or 22WRF.

I just think the 16" twist is in their way. I shoot a 22 Hornet too. And if ya know about them and twist rates ya know how limiting that 16" is. My 14" twist M25 shoots hornady 55gr spire point boattails into less than a inch at full power and at slow 2050 fps loads. Thats not possible with the slow twist barrels.

So to me this cartridge, maybe cartridges? give the potential for much heavier sleek bullets at high and low speeds as well as a heavy round nose type at medium speed thatd be a great small game load in addition to the leaded options.

I havent found a good shootin lead free 22lr for my yet. Im sure theyre out there but having a round designed with that as a box they want to check is appealing.

I have shot a couple of decent 22mag lead frees but in my opinion ths limiting factor with both of these seeing rhe bullets they really need is the 16" twist rate. I reason thats the limiting factor in over coming the copper 22LR heeled bullet. If you had twist the bullets engraving surface could be longer and the heel would be almost as a boattail. Maybe, i dunno.

The 17s are all 9" which of course gives them a lot of length to play with In bullet design. To me theyre loads are geared for too much speed and Ive just never wanted one. A bunch of my friends and cousins have them and I get a lot of info from their experiences.

So im looking forward to a quick twist 21/22 that can offer critter specific bullet types in lead free.

There are a few .22 LR rifles that are 16" twist or so.

I shoot a Tikka T1X. That is a 16.5" twist.