Which rifle do I take to deer camp?

I have 2 25-06's, 2 264WM's, 3 300WM's and 3 338WM's! I have several other rifles too, but only one in each cartridge.
My dilemma each time I head out is WHICH rifle am I gonna take.
I'm heading out Wednesday, I've already decided I'm taking the 25-06, and today I decided I would blow the dust and cobwebs off my Ruger M77 MKII and take that for a change.
My Rem Sendero II sees most use due to it's abilities set up for LR, but the Ruger is just a plain old blued/timber model that shoots the 110gr Accubond into 3/8 MoA........what more could you ask for?? I should use it more often actually.

Getting back to your question, I would take both, I always take more than one rifle, often 3 when heading into camp. I have had mishaps and had hunts cut short due to having no back-up gun. I have smashed eye pieces off scopes, fallen into rivers and lost ammo, almost a rifle on that trip. Luckily the sling snagged a branch in the water and was recoverable near the surface.

Cheers.

It's finally here! Deer season is this weekend and I'm not sure which rifle I should take. I just confirmed drops on my 270 loaded with 150lrab at 2800 and my 6.5 creedmoor loaded with 140 eldm at 2650 FPS. Both are dialed in out to 700yds. It doesn't really matter which one I take neither is nostalgic and I haven't killed deer with either yet. I just haven't been able to decide.
I usually take three when deer hunting. Two scopes and one with iron sights. I have a Marlin Guide Gun with iron sights for close up shooting or snowy conditions. If it's raining really hard I will still keep hunting, just don't like dealing with scope caps in the rain or snowy conditions. One of my rifle has Warne rings and bases with iron sights and I'll

It's finally here! Deer season is this weekend and I'm not sure which rifle I should take. I just confirmed drops on my 270 loaded with 150lrab at 2800 and my 6.5 creedmoor loaded with 140 eldm at 2650 FPS. Both are dialed in out to 700yds. It doesn't really matter which one I take neither is nostalgic and I haven't killed deer with either yet. I just haven't been able to decide.
Take both so you can choose daily which to use and if one for any fails for nay reason you have a back up.

I have all year to use a bow only get two weeks to shoot a rifle.
Give them a chance then, flintlock ! Just kidding, I agree that when rifle hunting and going to a camp or on a hunting trip, it would be best to have two guns with you just incase something broke on one or what ever, and it would depend on what type of terrain I would be hunting in, open, brushy or longer ranges, as to what cartridge the rifles would be chambered for! Maybe even three guns wouldn't be out of the question !

I usually take three when deer hunting. Two scopes and one with iron sights. I have a Marlin Guide Gun with iron sights for close up shooting or snowy conditions. If it's raining really hard I will still keep hunting, just don't like dealing with scope caps in the rain or snowy conditions. One of my rifle has Warne rings and bases with iron sights and I'll

Something happened with my last post and it got cut off. When I hunt deer I have only six days to hunt with a rifle, so I do not want sit around camp due to a breakage or the weather. I usually will take two or three rifles as Buck Buster suggested in case one of the rifles got damaged or the scope gets wiped out in some way. Or in the case with the Ruger with the integral scope base, I'll bring an extra scope sighted in for the same rifle. I am about to set up my Marlin 1895 Guide Gun with "Skinner Express sight with scope mount" that uses the Tally lever scope rings, and a peep sight that stays mounted under the scope; easy on easy off. Always plan for the worst and all of the rest will be easy.

Take both, never know when equipment fails.

30 years ago I was hunting 8 hours from home with my brother and his antique shotgun broke. He went back to the truck and got his back up shotgun. Ever since then when hunting far from home, I don't get far from my back up gun. This year I shot a mule doe with a 1949 Win M70 in 280AI. Then I got a mule buck with a new Kimber 280AI.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.