Which rifle do I take to deer camp?

I will take both and try them out which ever you seem confident in will get the job done Good luck and happy hunting

After a little thought I removed the center piece of foam from the pelican case and both rifles fit no problem. I'll take both and just alternate. I've got a buck and two doe tags. I'll use one for the buck and the other for the does, unless things go bad and one breaks down for some reason
That's what I do when I place two rifles in a hard case. I'll also put some towels or clothes around the rifle scopes and in between the rifles to cushion. Good luck on the hunt!

Okay...take both rifles...flip a coin as to which leaves the truck with you...

My recent trip up north i had the 65284, 280ai, 26nosler and knight 50cal ul mzldr.....and my 28 gauge o/u....just in case i felt the need to crawl thru brush......unfortunately I didn't get to loose any bullets at deer....just a couple rocks......
So take'm....then flip.....

I can only tell you those ABLRs are deadly on any game Whitetail to Moose 50-800 yards.
I've never killed anything with them but i have let other people use my rifle and they have. So far I've watched three deer drop with those bullets, one at 80 one at 175 and then at 315. None of them made it a step after being hit.

Last edited:
I've never killed anything with them but i have let other people use my rifle and they have. So far I've watched three deer drop with those bullets, one at 80 one at 175 and then at 315. None of them made it a step after being hit.

I agree 100%. I have shot two deer with them at 200 yards and they were devastating. Then I shot an elk at 300 and it fell right there. I've been nothing but happy with the ABLR (280AI 150gr ABLR).

I ended up taking both. Shot a doe with the 6.5 creedmoor and a buck with the 270. I got the buck on video and had a great time.
Congratulation ! At least you were where there are some deer ! I'm in PA and our deer rifle season has been in 3 days now ! I have seen a total of 7 deer, one was a very small spike, and I have heard a total of 9 shots in the first 3 days of our season, none were in what I believed to be a mile of me ! That was on public land in Northcentral PA the Williamsport area ! The deer population is better on private land where the deer herd can be managed reasonably !

Your young,tote them both, I,m older 270 n done!, yeah but I do see the fun of testing yur 2gals gd on you! My 243,s miffed at me she took the bac seat to my newest Tikka 695/270 ,212 yds Lazed n drt , thks gd hunting Congrats !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.