Where does Staball HD thrive?

Agree with the burn rate charts, etc. that it is in the realm of re26, retumbo and h1000.

I really wish they had something between it and 4831/staball65 that helped plug my "cannot find re23" hole.

I've been using STB-HD in 264win with 143g and heavier bullets. It really works best with 150g and heavier stuff. Working with some 175g bullets it has been very close to ideal. It has proven to be very consistent between 20• and 100• with single digit SD. On the down side, had some cartridges hang fire a bit intermittently with 130g bullets. I've only used it with magnum primers in cases that can hold 60g + of STB-HD so I can't comment on if or how it works well in anything else.

I think it was designed for the 6.5 PRC and similar over bore cartridges in that range. I thought about trying it in my 300 RUM as a retumbo replacement but I also have some N570 that I want to try. I think I would prefer to stick with RL 26 but only have about enough to load up 10 to 15 more rounds. I'll be looking at the HD also as it seems a little more readily available around my area. I was told LRT might also work on the 300 RUM with heavyweights. But as of now the gun is collecting dust. Currently shooting a lot more of my short actions. No need for the big boomer right now

Looking at the load data, it seems to be pixie dust for the 270 WSM, and possibly the 7mm WSM but there isn't any load data for that one. I'm thinking like @Wachsmann that it may do well in cartridges of that ilk. We'll see how the SD's and ES's look and find out if there's any accuracy to it.

vv powder will yield (in most cases) top velocity (if going for that)? almost everything else gets about 50-150fps slower and probably more barrel life (100 series included). i'm hoping hd, match and grand will fill the spots of those "can't get or limited run" powders. back to the hd..........not sure what velocities and fill rate it'll have, but seems to be in the same realm (according to published data) as 1's with comparable burn rate(s) (overbore and heavy for caliber type). when rl33 came out it was designed for 338lm (supposedly)? with several unproven guns that need load developments i have (243win, 6.5prc, 264wm, 7saum, 300wm & 338lm), i hope it works great for cartridge.