What's your thoughts on continuing this build?

So basically the 223 ARC is more like a Valkyrie with the ability to shoot over 75 grain bullets and it is only marginally faster than a 223/5.56

Last edited:
I returned that upper and Noreen arms sent me another but surprisingly it was worst off then the one I sent back. It would not align with the takedown pin holes so I sent them pictures of their lower and a Aero percission upper which was perfect alignment. Their reply was, send back their lower ( which is now registered in my name) so they can evaluate the situation. Absolutely not! For fear of what that might lead too, and beside, how can I, not being able FFL licensed dealer send it? Oh they were willing to send me a shipping label but I wasn't putting myself out on a limb ready to be cut down.My reply was to Noreen was, you get what you pay for and that was a pair of attractive paper weights.

Unless it has changed, and I'm SURE that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, it can also go direct to a gunsmith to be repaired.

That "unless they replace it" part just bit me in the you know where. Now KA thinks that I have two of those rifles. That was an unplanned-on extra $100 expense.

After a closer look at this as lower and the upper as well I figured out the problem the rear lug on the upper was the culprit. I relieved some material with a small file and now it locks up perfectly. So it's no longer a paper weight and I could find it a good home. Thank yaw'll for you input.

You can return a serialized part to the manufacturer and they can in return, send it directly back to you, unless they replace it with a new serialized part, then a FFL transfer will be required.

This is not correct. The serialized part can be swapped out for a different one with no 4473 required. See ATF link below.

Tony

I returned that upper and Noreen arms sent me another but surprisingly it was worst off then the one I sent back. It would not align with the takedown pin holes so I sent them pictures of their lower and a Aero percission upper which was perfect alignment. Their reply was, send back their lower ( which is now registered in my name) so they can evaluate the situation. Absolutely not! For fear of what that might lead too, and beside, how can I, not being able FFL licensed dealer send it? Oh they were willing to send me a shipping label but I wasn't putting myself out on a limb ready to be cut down.My reply was to Noreen was, you get what you pay for and that was a pair of attractive paper weights.
Demand your money back. Get rid of a perfectly good lower? What a joke. Not saying the Aero can't have an issue, but I doubt it. Really???

This is not correct. The serialized part can be swapped out for a different one with no 4473 required. See ATF link below.

Tony

Unless you're in KA or a similar State. S/N changed = New registration and new 4473. Maybe the 4473 is technically redundant, but as the FFL I sure wouldn't not fill it out. It passed thru their books, they need a 4473 to show where it went. I *just* went thru this and it was a PITA.