Whats your favorite long range rifle ?

Man you guys like to shoot big cases! I get it though. Being mostly a target shooter, I shoot 6mm and a 7saum. After 2 1/2 months of waiting for things to come together, I get to fire a new 25 saum this aft. No clue what to expect, or how hard I want to run it, can't see barrel life being all that good.

Thanks to a member here I was able to pick up some ADG brass that looks plug and play.
My favorite rifles are usually the ones I take to the range that day, I usually put thought into builds, so if they don't work all that well, it is usually me.

Hummm...probably my lighter weight 338 Norma, standard SAMMI chamber 24 in proof, Ti muzzle brake, stiller Tac338 action, iota kremlin stock, Jewell trigger, set up with a 4.5x18 Bushnell LRHS...about 10 lbs loaded shoots 250 berger EH and 270 ELDs into stupid small groups...like 3.5 inches at 500...recoil is manageable...need to go poke a hole in something soon with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2870.JPG
    IMG_2870.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2895.JPG
    IMG_2895.JPG
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 125
I might be the only one who says this one...but my customized 30/06 Savage Axis.

Po' folks like to shoot too. 😁
Nothing wrong with the 06....I have an old woodsmaster and I have shot a pile of deer with it, still use it to this day! And believe it or not, it has never jammed on me, and Ive hunted with it in all sorts of weather!

Nothing wrong with the 06....I have an old woodsmaster and I have shot a pile of deer with it, still use it to this day! And believe it or not, it has never jammed on me, and Ive hunted with it in all sorts of weather!

Hell yeah! My dad killed countless deer in his lifetime with his 760. He brought home a few mule deer and a few elk with it too.

The man using the tool will always be more important than the tool he chooses.

My 760 is in 270...... Needs fixing after using federal coppers. WAY over pressure. Not sure if it was just the load, or if the coppers were seated in the lands.

Ah...760 in 270...what a classic...had a rusty beat up one that I restored back to new condition...then gave it to my wife's nephew...about a year before she became my ex-wife...

I parkerized the steel and did a fairly high gloss Tru-oil finish on the wood. It really looked nice when I got done with it...don't know what happened to it...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.