What should I do?

I haven't jumped on the PRC bandwagon yet. I continue to hear good things, but the fear of missing out has not pushed me over the edge. Sometimes I allow logical thought to guide me in my decisions. I look at the number of components sitting in my cabinets and ask myself why would I want to make a change. This doesn't work all the time though.
Mark, in this hobby, logical thought goes right out the window! 😄

I've got a similar behavioral pattern. I have a 280ai and push 168s right around 3000fps and 180s at 2920fps but have been thinking about building a 30 Nosler. The passionate side of me gets ready to hit the buy button on parts but the logical side of me goes "why? It's not really going to kill deer & elk much better than that 180g at 2920fps". 🤷‍♂️

Definitely 'want' driven vs 'need'. Only you can decide. Good luck battling that inner demon. 😝
That inner demon is a very good negotiator and was captain of his debate team. 😂

I fully understand your situation for me though it's the both the 6.5s & 7s. I have a 6.5 creed & a my old faithful model 70 264 win mag but still want a 6.5-284 as well as another 6.5 prc . For the 7s I have my 7mm rem mag whitworth interarms that I killed my first deer with ( well first with a gun not a truck). I had a new 26" bartlein stainless #3 put on it a coupe years ago. I also have a CA ridgeline 7 prc but I've always wanted a 7 STW & a 280 a.i.
Are we doomed to always be wanting? I think the search for me is to find that one rifle that checks all the boxes. What I have now is perfectly suited to what I need and then some. I didn't mention the 243, 257 wby, 25-06, 2x 300 wby's or the 300 wsm.

I am a died in the wool 7LRM fan. I bought one when Gunwerks first came out with them an still hunt with it every year. It is my favorite rifle and the cartridge has done everything I have asked of it and has never let me down. That being said, the 7PRC is way easier to get components for and loaded ammo is way less money. If your like me, and you don't scratch that itch, it will never go away but the smart money would be to go with the PRC just for the ease of getting the components and ammo. Good Luck and let us know which way you decide to go.

Go with the LRM. Not as many people have it. That's why I went with the 6.5 SAUM. Almost the same as the 6.5 PRC but different. My next build will be a 25 Creed.
Finally some LRM love. As stated on this forum more times than we can count, "buy once, cry once". There is something about being the only guy around that has one.

I am a big 7mm fan as well. I am in the process of building a .22 Creedmoor, but once that is done, I will probably do another build using the Tikka 7RM that I have. I like the RM cartridge, but I am getting away from belted mags for no other reason than personal preference.

I thought about building it into 7PRC, but have decided on doing a 7 Sherman Mega instead. The two factors driving my decision are 1) I already have a .338 Mega and I love it. It is a super fun cartridge to develop loads for and it flat out shoots. 2) I am a wildcat guy at heart. Great brass is available for the 7SM and it provides that "little bit extra" over the SAUM/PRC/RM.

I am a big 7mm fan as well. I am in the process of building a .22 Creedmoor, but once that is done, I will probably do another build using the Tikka 7RM that I have. I like the RM cartridge, but I am getting away from belted mags for no other reason than personal preference.

I thought about building it into 7PRC, but have decided on doing a 7 Sherman Mega instead. The two factors driving my decision are 1) I already have a .338 Mega and I love it. It is a super fun cartridge to develop loads for and it flat out shoots. 2) I am a wildcat guy at heart. Great brass is available for the 7SM and it provides that "little bit extra" over the SAUM/PRC/RM.
Rich's mega has been on my list as well. I turned my Dad's 270 in to a 270 Sherman for him and that things shoots lights out! I don't have any experience with the customer service since Rich sold though. Kinport Peak Rifles also has a WSM based 7 mm that has really peaked my interest, "It's in between the 7 mag and 28 nosler... 68-69gr of retumbo is 2900 with a 195 eol at 2900 in a 24" barrel. 28" barrel you're 3k+".

It gets no easier than Sherman Wildcat Cartidges, for added performance.
My 7 Mega is getting a break-in now and forming brass.
Seems to Me a slightly longer WSM is going to be an all around Winner.
Derek Webster has been fantastic to work with at DI Precision.
There are 3 reamers available for the 7 Mega now, .195 for medium action and .205&.235 for long actions.

To clarify, the brass goes from 35 degree to 40 degree shoulders on the first firing.

It gets no easier than Sherman Wildcat Cartidges, for added performance.
My 7 Mega is getting a break-in now and forming brass.
Seems to Me a slightly longer WSM is going to be an all around Winner.
Derek Webster has been fantastic to work with at DI Precision.
There are 3 reamers available for the 7 Mega now, .195 for medium action and .205&.235 for long actions.

To clarify, the brass goes from 35 degree to 40 degree shoulders on the first firing.
This is the way. Just look at my pic. I am a fan for sure. Have a 7SS that just shoots. Preferred Barrels made it for me way back. I think they are out of the Sherman business now, but there are plenty of folks that do it. Rebarrel your SAUM. I built my 7SS on a LA and it is not needed. It is MADE to be in a SA and shoots 180's and 195's lights out. If you want to move to a medium length, there are options there as well.