What happened to Fordy ?

I do miss Swamplord.
As do I. He makes some of the coolest stuff and I miss hearing about.

Swamplord and @Fiftydriver (kirby Allen) are very much partially responsible for a lot of my present day obsessions and interests and "one day" projects I fantasize about today haha. Pushing the limits, sharing their findings, working with lesser known bullet manufacturers, and all around fascinating stuff. I remember being 16 half my life ago and reading obsessively about some of their crazy cartridges and findings, soaking up knowledge, lurking on this sight for a decade probably before actually joining.

If I wore a hat I'd take it off to these two gents

There must be something I don't know about the whole Fordy thing…there better be! From my perspective he was always respectful in disagreement, if anything my only issue was following his convoluted trains of thought 🤣. But he was a wealth of information and a source of some humour at times as well (I seem to recall each of us relaying to the other that we wouldn't be cut out to live where the other does…-40 celcius would do him in and +40 celcius is basically hell in my mind, to say nothing of the Australian arachnids….)

I think the most "offensive" thing I've seen him do is tell someone they need to clear their head or give their head a shake or something like that. That and appeal to his own vast experience as a credible source of authority in discussions of terminal ballistics, which it is, but that makes some people mad. He also has good things to say about a certain bullet company, which seems to always incite a 💩 storm.

If that is indeed all there is to his dismissal someone needs to grow thicker skin and also I suppose most of us are next. I know at least half of you scallywags have said far worse or more inflammatory things than that on this forum!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 I sure have.😅😱

L
Don't remember ltlr must of been before my time
I joined in 2008. He retired maybe 4-5 years after.

1709782785538.png

Last edited:

Read this before you post.

Recent Posts