Whats happened to this forum ?

The meat pole thread had lots of great stories...I posted three Separate stories on there with pics.

If ur worried about rights just put your name on the story. As author you retain the rights

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Canhunter35, post: 1376783, member: 101677"
If ur worried about rights just put your name on the story. As author you retain the rights[/QUOTE]

It is my understanding that it is not that simple on the internet. In fact I have run into issues with posting the same story on more then one forum. As I understand once it is posted it belongs to them. I've also been advised that "servers" and some blog hosts can claim rights.

I think that this site also helps the hunters because as we improve our equipment, Our hunts Improve and the effective range improves, plus our reloading skills improve. Its a win win in my opinion.

The more we understand about firearms and the proper loading of ammo for them, the more great hunting stories we should have.

There are many hunting threads for different types of game and plenty of hunting stories

If you look in the hunting section only there are 14 or 15 Forums about different game hunted, and somewhere around 8,000 discussions/post with hunting stories and suggestions on hunting that particular animal.

That's plenty of reading if one wants to read all of them.

Of all the sites I have been on, this is the friendliest, most informed, diverse site I can find.

J E CUSTOM

I am guessing that the reason is that there is only so any opportunities for long range big game hunting for most Americans but they want to put their quality rigs to use in competition matches which are everywhere. I agree that traditional big game is a lot more attractive but for those not in the west and without fat wallets have to get the pew pew out through some other avenue. How about a new program where hunting westerners host a non-westerner on an affordable big game shoot?

I would be more than happy to host someone that is not from the west. The issue most of the western hunters have is that most of the hunters that come out here (to the west) is that they are not in shape and their expectations are not in line with the realities of what the expectations are for these hunts. Unless you pay high dollar for a private land hunt you will have to work for it. Most don't want to work for it! I read last week a member giving advice for those "southern hunters" headed out west! After 4 pages of posts this guy admitted that he didn't travel more than 30 min from the truck! I'm sorry but this type of advice is the sorts that makes you unsuccessful and gets you in a lot of trouble when you apply it in the mountains of the west!

Just to give some perspective, I shot 6 big game animals this fall. Not counting ANY SCOUTING I logged 175 miles of hiking while hunting! If you average the math it's over 11 miles per animal! Average elevation was 7500'! I will be more than happy to take someone when they have put in the effort to handle this "average" level of hunting exertion! I'm not trying to sound like an *** but it gets old hearing how so many hunters want to " come out west" but don't want to "pay the man" to get in shape to do so!

The way that I read paragraph #5 ("You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content") That can be a issue if I wrote a book in segments and published on Amazon.com

Amazon.com requires that you post chapters to my book there several months before posted elsewhere. And they will not allow any content to be published that was previously posted on the internet.

The way that I read paragraph #5 ("You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content") That can be a issue if I wrote a book in segments and published on Amazon.com

Amazon.com requires that you post chapters to my book there several months before posted elsewhere. And they will not allow any content to be published that was previously posted on the internet.

Yes you would have to wait until first publish rights are expired before posting. What's your book called?

I would be more than happy to host someone that is not from the west. The issue most of the western hunters have is that most of the hunters that come out here (to the west) is that they are not in shape and their expectations are not in line with the realities of what the expectations are for these hunts. Unless you pay high dollar for a private land hunt you will have to work for it. Most don't want to work for it! I read last week a member giving advice for those "southern hunters" headed out west! After 4 pages of posts this guy admitted that he didn't travel more than 30 min from the truck! I'm sorry but this type of advice is the sorts that makes you unsuccessful and gets you in a lot of trouble when you apply it in the mountains of the west!

Just to give some perspective, I shot 6 big game animals this fall. Not counting ANY SCOUTING I logged 175 miles of hiking while hunting! If you average the math it's over 11 miles per animal! Average elevation was 7500'! I will be more than happy to take someone when they have put in the effort to handle this "average" level of hunting exertion! I'm not trying to sound like an *** but it gets old hearing how so many hunters want to " come out west" but don't want to "pay the man" to get in shape to do so!

i agree completely about most people are unwilling to put in the work to be able to physically handle a typical Western Big Game trip. I am too old now but would have done the work earlier if I had the chance. Thanks for your honest reply.

You're never to old to have fun or make new friends. And that's what hunting is. Fun. As I've aged I keep going, not as successful as I used to be. But it's still enjoyable. I hope to continue to go for years to come. Even if it's just getting up and having coffee with the guys in the morning. And be there to hear the stories when they return. Being out in a hunting camp with my son, grandchildren, wife and other friends and family members is some of the best times of my life. Sorry got off topic

Someone once accused me of spamming the forum with pictures of what I'd taken lately so I quit.

Now I just spam Mario with them by text. He works about 8 days a week and I hunt five or six so I like to torture him through the week from time to time.

Someone once accused me of spamming the forum with pictures of what I'd taken lately so I quit.

Now I just spam Mario with them by text. He works about 8 days a week and I hunt five or six so I like to torture him through the week from time to time.
Somebody actually said that? Wow... Knowing you hunt in Texas and S.Africa, that's a pretty stupid thing for them to say.

I guess it's no worse than spending years helping people on here, and then last a week or 2 ago some newbie decided to call my reloading practices "dangerous", because his local pros :rolleyes: know everything, and their way is always right without exception. :rolleyes:

Somebody actually said that? Wow... Knowing you hunt in Texas and S.Africa, that's a pretty stupid thing for them to say.

I guess it's no worse than spending years helping people on here, and then last a week or 2 ago some newbie decided to call my reloading practices "dangerous", because his local pros :rolleyes: know everything, and their way is always right without exception. :rolleyes:
I've also been told I'm a dangerous, paranoid, "gun nut" because I once stated that if you see me, assume I'm armed.

Well hell, I mean I raise and train bird dogs, am a guide and outfitter, and have been teaching CHL and self defense for more than thirty years.

Finding me armed is about as surprising as finding a cop carrying a sidearm!

Image018.jpg

l dont see anything wrong with photos

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.