What gun did you want that was never made ?

I could kick my behind I could have bought one of the first wrathetbys made serial number 1010 a fn action 300 weatheby .They don't like I a Weatherby but it was smooth as silk .I asked about it on internet and some guy beat me to it .I won't do that again .I saw guys bring awesome looking Weatherby v with wood stocks abd totally ruin them. IT pays to have an extra fiberglass stock to take to Alaska.
I had a friend who was done Bear hunting, mostly Giz in Alaska, he offered me his Mauser Weatherby in .300 Wby mag, and like a fool, I passed it by, because I liked the MkV looks better, I should've bought it, the rifle was in great shape for near 4 or 5 Bear hunts behind it. 😫😖 Cheers

Hands down it would be the Weatherby Varmintmaster in .308 Win with a standard and semi-heavy barrel in 24" and 26", I even called Weatherby about it many years back, I have two of them one in .224 Wby Mag and the other in 22.250 Rem
I suggested that they re-barrel the .22-250 Rem Weatherby Varmintmaster to a .308 Win and we'd be in business...😍 They expressed no interest in the project, they said there was no market for it which, I thought at the time that was crazy, an accurate lightweight .308 Win hunting rifle... come on. I still think they missed the boat on that one. Just my 0.2 Cheers
Be careful about calling Weatherby and making suggestions. I called them once to suggest that they should build a 41 Cal rifle cartridge to fill in between the 378 and 460. It would be a nice compromise on velocity, energy, recoil, trajectory etc. between the two. They said that was a great idea, quite doable and probably a strong market for it but there were no plans to expand the Weatherby line for the foreseeable future. The next year they announced the release of the .416 Weatherby. I think those guys owe me a rifle:)!

Be careful about calling Weatherby and making suggestions. I called them once to suggest that they should build a 41 Cal rifle cartridge to fill in between the 378 and 460. It would be a nice compromise on velocity, energy, recoil, trajectory etc. between the two. They said that was a great idea, quite doable and probably a strong market for it but there were no plans to expand the Weatherby line for the foreseeable future. The next year they announced the release of the .416 Weatherby. I think those guys owe me a rifle:)!
Kinda funny, I had a very similar thing happen with me, with another manufacturer over a cartridge idea for the AR15 platform. I think they rejected it so they can do it later and circumvent the originator of the idea, they have the money and horsepower, they just call it "doing business"... SOP for them. You'll see it happening a lot after Shot Show all over the industry, it's how they get some of their best ideas, and why they won't do a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement, most the time... it's, "yeah we like your idea, but... we already have something in the works" now they do! 🤫;) Cheers

PS: By the way, the 416 Wby mag is a great cartridge and a good idea that you had.

Kinda funny, I had a very similar thing happen with me, with another manufacturer over a cartridge idea for the AR15 platform. I think they rejected it so they can do it later and circumvent the originator of the idea, they have the money and horsepower, they just call it "doing business"... SOP for them. You'll see it happening a lot after Shot Show all over the industry, it's how they get some of their best ideas, and why they won't do a confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement, most the time... it's, "yeah we like your idea, but... we already have something in the works" now they do! 🤫;) Cheers

PS: By the way, the 416 Wby mag is a great cartridge and a good idea that you had.
With at least a partial idea assist by John Rigby who in 1911 designed the 416 Rigby cartridge on Mauser-action game rifles.

I wish o had bought that 358 STA I held in my hands .There were only 18 made .I tried to go back and get it but it was gone .

I've a longtime loved the .358 magnums, either the .350 Griffin & Howe (pretty much the original .358 STA) or the .358 STA.

As a handloader and long time bullet caster and hand gunner…..I thought that the .358's were a perfect match for handgun jacketed or cast bullets for light plinking/small game loads.

The only reason that I didn't was, the .375 was the minimum for many African countries for use on the Big Five. So…..I went with the .375's! memtb

With at least a partial idea assist by John Rigby who in 1911 designed the 416 Rigby cartridge on Mauser-action game rifles.
Agree with your Rigby sitrep, I think there were a few others in Wildcats as well, but... I don't think any with a double-radius shoulder and belted, I could be wrong. Cheers