What can the 6.5 Grendel kill?

Here's the caribou
547889CF-4636-48C6-9D93-2CA41E736C06.jpeg

moses42ak
Thanks for the info. Going to use them on bolts and AR's. I've shot the heavy subsonic bullets suppressed in the 300 BLK out and was really impressed with how quite they are. Need something I can take hogs with that won't really disturb anything else that's somewhat close by.

A
moses42ak
Thanks for the info. Going to use them on bolts and AR's. I've shot the heavy subsonic bullets suppressed in the 300 BLK out and was really impressed with how quite they are. Need something I can take hogs with that won't really disturb anything else that's somewhat close by.
As long as you're running subsonic loads you should be able to have multiple opportunities unless the squealing runs the others off. I'm running the Silencerco Omega In front of the Superlative Arms piston system shooting 123 grain SST's. No issues with POI shift when taking the can on and off, no piston ping or anything else. Get an adjustable gas block and dial it in and you'll be pretty happy with it.

I had a terrible deer hunting trip this year but I did manage to kill one white tail doe with one of my 6.5 Grendel's. When I went on my annual 3 1/2 week deer hunting trip to Halifax Co. NC I discovered that black tongue disease must have hit my hunting land. In two and half weeks I only saw one deer and my hunting buddy only saw 3. This is a place that in the past 25 years you hardly went a day without seeing many deer and at night you better pay close attention when driving because you will hit one. For the first 15 years my buddy and I did crop damage control on this farm and we killed 100 deer a year and you could not even tell it made a dent in the population. I shot the deer that I saw because I needed the meat. This was the first kill with a Grendel. I was shooting a hand load that consisted of a Hornady case, CCI 450 primer, 28 grs IMR 8208, 120 Speer Gold Dot and from the 20" barrel it does 2550 fps. Shot was at 111 yards. Deer was facing me and I was hoping to recover the bullet so I shot it in the center of it's chest. At the shot the deer went down and did a little break dancing and was dead. When I processed the deer I found that the bullet entered center of the chest and really did a great deal of damage. When I pulled the hide down past the front shoulders the heart and lungs just poured out in a pulped liquid. From the hydrostatic effect the first two or three ribs on both sides were broken and the left scapula was broken causing the left leg to just flap. The bullet exited the belly about 6" in front of the crotch with a thumb size hole so it did hold together. I can't believe the damage it did. No pictures because I forgot to take my camera. I came home a week early because there were no deer. Such is life. One example does not make a norm but from what I saw the 120 Speer Gold Dot is a great game bullet.

Just had to have a Grendel when CZ started offering it in the little 527...Been challenging to get it shooting MOA.
Killed three antelope with it last year just over 400 yards with 100 grain Noslers, it worked ok but nuthing the Sweede wouldn't have done better .
Had it with me the first day this year, no goat but it give a coyote a dirt nap and a dozen prairie dogs.
The second outing to fill the antelope tag the wind was howling so the Sweede got the nod and got-er-done.
The recoil of the Grendel is pleasant and it will reach way out there in good conditions but there are better rounds in the safe when the wind is gusting.

We also got one with a 120gr Gold dot......quartering away entered couple inches behind crease, top of heart and exited out opposite leg. Exit was about a quarter size. Deer stumbled about 20 feet and went down..... I also didn't have my phone so no pictures, but so far I'm liking this bullet for a all around load. I'm using CCI 450's and 28.5 grs of AA2520 in both a 18" and 20" upper.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.