What’s your favorite cartridge?

Yet another 264WM and anything Weatherby BIG Fan, but mostly my .340 - it has killed 39 animals from Antelope to Muleys to elk to African Plains game (9 animals, 9 shots) and a Bighorn, but 2 times I didn't do my job on elk and it took more than 1 shot. Also very partial the 300Wby and the 416, but everyday, gimme a .308 and .264 although I do now have a 25-06 I am very fond of!

I absolutely love the 378 Weatherby but for every day shooting the 243W & 6mmRem
What's yours?

My wife and I each have only "one hunting" rifle for all big game… and will occasionally will take them out for a coyote hunt!

Both rifles weight right at 9 pounds "all up and ready to hunt"! We both use the same zero, and both cartridges have similar downrange trajectories. And both cartridges have adequate, and then some, horsepower for anything we'll likely hunt out to our self-imposed maximum range.…..she 500 yards and myself 600 yards.

Her cartridge, a .338 WM….225 Barnes TTSX's @ 2950 mv. My cartridge, a .375 AI …..250:Barnes TTSX's @ 3130 mv. I'll be building a new load this summer with 270 grain Barnes LRX's…..hoping for 3 K+ mv!. memtb

My wife and I each have only "one hunting" rifle for all big game… and will occasionally will take them out for a coyote hunt!

Both rifles weight right at 9 pounds "all up and ready to hunt"! We both use the same zero, and both cartridges have similar downrange trajectories. And both cartridges have adequate, and then some, horsepower for anything we'll likely hunt out to our self-imposed maximum range.…..she 500 yards and myself 600 yards.

Her cartridge, a .338 WM….225 Barnes TTSX's @ 2950 mv. My cartridge, a .375 AI …..250:Barnes TTSX's @ 3130 mv. I'll be building a new load this summer with 270 grain Barnes LRX's…..hoping for 3 K+ mv!. memtb
Shot one 168lb dressed 8 point whitetail in the white throat patch with my 378 w/270 gr it followed the middle of the spine in the neck to the body to when it was totally fragmented, @. 80 yards

I like the .280a.i. as a cartridge. It's done well taking a few Fallow deer and will do egaully on pigs I believe.

I'm impressed with the cartridge. I had a Tikka with a C/F wrapped stock. It's a bit ugly.

Id like to own a noce classic looking rifle in .280a.i.

Till I got that I shot all sorts of pests with .223, .308 and 7mm-08.

Shot one 168lb dressed 8 point whitetail in the white throat patch with my 378 w/270 gr it followed the middle of the spine in the neck to the body to when it was totally fragmented, @. 80 yards

My first kill with a Barnes ( fall of 1993, I think) 270 gr. from my .375 AI was a full length similar to yours…..from the other direction. Near dark, a small rag horn bull elk was coming up the hill at a slight angle toward us, apparently the late evening air shift went right down the ridge to the elk. He wheeled at ran down hill retracing his path, I made a Texas Heart Shot at about 80 yards.

The bullet entered the left ham, about 4 or so inches to the left of the "bullseye" 😉, shattered the pelvis, traveled forward through the guts, diaphragm, left lung, exited the left foreleg pit (leg pit 🤔) reentered the upper foreleg missing the upper leg bone and lodged beneath the offside hide. The bullet completed 3 hide penetrations, shattered the pelvis (moderately heavy bone), traveled through the entire elk including the thick upper leg muscle of the foreleg. The recovered bullet broke off one petal and the remaining bullet weighed 257 grains.

It was after this bullet performance that Barnes became my only hunting bullet! As Barnes technology progressed, I changed with the times a continued to develop loads with the new bullets! memtb