What’s up with Hornady’s reloading podcast?

I would not say 100 percent are gullible, you did. Example.. 2 of my friends that deer hunt but never get shots over 200 yards. One uses a 7 mm08, the other a 270. Both are spending over 2000.00 dollars each now for guns and ammo because the 7mm prc kills better. Dead is dead, and so are their wallets. I can see utility with someone buying their first gun to buy the new wonders. But both these guys have been hunting over 30 years. Old enough to know better, but kept listening to these podcasts until their rifles are totally useless. Infomercials work on gullible and these 2 are....let the guys that don't reload but buy ammo stay with hornady but just remember that the ammo may have not been pressure tested. There is no excuse with modern pressure testing equipment not being used. It was NOT USED, nor was qc present when this creedmore ammo was manufactured.

Last edited:
I would not say 100 percent are gullible. Example.. 2 of my friends that deer hunt but never get shots over 200 yards. One uses a 7 mm08, the other a 270. Both are spending over 2000.00 dollars each now for guns and ammo because the 7mm prc kills better. Dead is dead, and so are their wallets. I can see utility with someone buying their first gun to buy the new wonders. But both these guys have been hunting over 30 years. Old enough to know better, but kept listening to these podcasts until their rifles are totally useless. Infomercials work on gullible and these 2 are....let the guys that don't reload but buy ammo stay with hornady but just remember that the ammo may have not been pressure tested. There is no excuse with modern pressure testing equipment not being used. It was NOT USED, nor was qc present when this creedmore ammo was manufactured.
Hey it's their money. I have a 280AI and a 7 mag. I don't need a prc but I may just get one. Just because I can,not because I need one. I like 7mm's.

That's where we are with metallic cartridge design. There's not likely to be anything revolutionary.

Long loaded, heavy for caliber, high BC factory loaded ammo, that performs well in almost any factory rifle, and available on the shelf darn near everywhere, is about as big of a jump in technology as we've had in a long time.
Yes, handloaders/wildcatters have been doing this for a bit longer with tweaking sammi specs. That's pretty much the whole point of hand loading. "Tweaking", right? Anyone can now buy loaded ammo that was only available to handloaders not long ago. The VAST number of shooters don't want to reload. They want to buy a box of ammo and go.

There is a whole lot of people buying Hornady ammo/bullets right now that are satisfied. Go to your local range. You will find someone shooting 6.5cm you'll have a hard time finding someone who's not happy with it. I'd bet you'll find plenty of people shooting Precision Hunter, or Precision Match, that aren't complaining. But today I learned that they are all 100% gullible. What a privilege to be so enlightened.
The worst factory loaded ammo I ever had was Big H. 300WBY tried in three rifles. I ended up giving those guys my hand loads ton hunt with. 22-250, 300BO. There a couple of more, that's just MY personal experience! To the point I did not shoot it, but took it apart to use the components. Again MY personal experience!

Last edited:
The worst factory loaded am I ever has was Big H. 300WBY tried in three rifles. I ended up giving those guys my hand loads ton hunt with. 22-250, 300BO. There a couple of more, that's just MY personal experience! To the point I did not shoot it, but took it apart to use the components. Again MY personal experience!
was it precision hunter or precision match?
If you took it apart, you're a hand loader, no?

Maybe we should be talking about how much Remington screwed the pooch over the years. Lets see you come out with the 350 rem mag and put it in a 6lb rifle. The 6.5 rem mag limited to 2.8". The 260 etc.
Remington probably has done blunders than all others gun manufacturers combined. The 244, 280, 6.5 rem magnum, 350 rem magnum. I own a 35 whelen but the twist in not right unless you shoot cast bullets 1 in 16, definitley not in competetion to the 9.3x62. 260 with 1 in 10 twist..oh so many more.

was it precision hunter or precision match?
If you took it apart, you're a hand loader, no?
Its ok to be a faithfull follower. I give companies a oucple of opportunities. I gave big H 5 opportunities. THey all failed. Freedom munitions reloads in 300BO both supersonic and subsinc performed better than big H.
Buy what you want, use what you want, these are my personal experiences.

Three different Weatherby factory rifles, MKV Accumark at hunt camp, they did not shoot well enough with this ammo to hunt. I gave them my personal handloaded ammo so their trip would not be a waste

Attachments

• IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 13
Three different Weatherby factory rifles, MKV Accumark at hunt camp, they did not shoot well enough with this ammo to hunt. I gave them my personal handloaded ammo so their trip would not be a waste
Sure. Not every box of ammo is a home run. Especially in a cartridge that was designed in the 40s (300bee) that's not really what I'm talking about

I'm saying their precision hunter/match ammo is wildly popular. And so are the cartridges they've recently designed. People claiming new chamberings designed to shoot heavy for caliber, high BC, fast twist, etc etc are just snake oil, isn't true. There has been incremental improvements.

Sure. Not every box of ammo is a home run. Especially in a cartridge that was designed in the 40s (300bee) that's not really what I'm talking about

I'm saying their precision hunter/match ammo is wildly popular. And so are the cartridges they've recently designed. People claiming new chamberings designed to shoot heavy for caliber, high BC, fast twist, etc etc are just snake oil, isn't true. There has been incremental improvements.
Always an excuse! If you are not already working for them you should!
I gave you other examples too. Want pictures? And that was five boxes of ammo. I just saved that one for the "faithful"

Here are the other four that failed miserably. What does it tell you than Freedom munitions reloads performs better?

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 21
Here are the other four that failed miserably. What does it tell you than Freedom munitions reloads performs better?
Ok. Not really relevant to the podcast or cartridges they've designed. I don't think anyone has claimed every box of Hornady ammo in other manufacture designed chamberings is going to shoot well.

I dont shoot much factory ammo. But I have on occasion used some hornady in 6.5 G 6.8 spc. 6.5 creed and 7/08 for the grandkid. Never had any issues and it was all moa or better. When I bought the elcheapo savage varmint rifle in 6.5 cm and hadnt had the time to load for it. I bought some cheap american whitetail 129 gr sp's. Put the first 2 shots touching and the 3 rd about 1/4" away. Shot an 8 point with it that afternoon. I get you had issues. I would not be happy either. But in manufacturing sometimes crap happens. You cant test every box that goes off the line. I know of guys that were shooting Hornady 6.5 and 6 creed in prs. They can make good ammo.

I dont shoot much factory ammo. But I have on occasion used some hornady in 6.5 G 6.8 spc. 6.5 creed and 7/08 for the grandkid. Never had any issues and it was all moa or better. When I bought the elcheapo savage varmint rifle in 6.5 cm and hadnt had the time to load for it. I bought some cheap american whitetail 129 gr sp's. Put the first 2 shots touching and the 3 rd about 1/4" away. Shot an 8 point with it that afternoon. I get you had issues. I would not be happy either. But in manufacturing sometimes crap happens. You cant test every box that goes off the line. I know of guys that were shooting Hornady 6.5 and 6 creed in prs. They can make good ammo.
If you had good luck, you have no reason not to keep using the product. I am voicing MY experiences along with a couple of fellow hunters. The 300WBY ammo says "CUSTOM" on it. My friends paid extra for that. They were luck I had my weatherby with me because I was planning to hunt Nilgai so I had plainty of ammo. And I did the company several other chances. Mayb I have high expectations. Maybe I don't know how to chamber their ammo.