Went to hunt elk and got this Beauty Buck

He's a real beauty 4x4

My son and I have been chasing a great bull elk and we went in tonight to see if we could get on him which he seen him this morning but the stars did not align.
We were walking down the cut line and I spotted this guy starring at us.
I said holy **** bud shoot that deer.
He got ready and was just about to pull the trigger and he remembered that he just purchased a muzzleloader to hunt deer in November so he told me to shoot it so I put the 7 saum up and let one rip.
I knew I pulled the shot but it was still a quick death and an absolute outstanding 4x4 whitetail.
I will score him tomorrow
If he breaks 160 I think I'm going to put him on the wall. My guess is 156".
View attachment 605762View attachment 605763View attachment 605764
Euro mount if you don't do a shoulder mount.

Well that surprised me. i'm glad I decided to shoulder mount him not often you can get a 160" 4x4
3157FC56-F62B-45E6-B934-08334228AA47.jpeg

Last edited:
Screw the numbers; that deer belongs on the wall whatever his score is. :)

Surprised he's in hard horn already; I haven't seen a buck locally that isn't still in velvet. Muzzleloader season starts in just a couple weeks for us and there will still be lots of velvet bucks then.

Screw the numbers; that deer belongs on the wall whatever his score is. :)

Surprised he's in hard horn already; I haven't seen a buck locally that isn't still in velvet. Muzzleloader season starts in just a couple weeks for us and there will still be lots of velvet bucks then.
Usually where I live here in Alberta by the time rifle season opens September 17 the Whitetails for sure are in hardhorn.
He has the tiniest little piece on his antlers though

I've never used a net score for anything in my life, antler related.
The 10 4/8" must be abnormals?
Yeah it's just the difference between side to side.
I agree with you I gross score everything no deductions he is what he is 👍

What I really don't agree with on Boone and Crockett is the drying period the animal should be scored closest to the time it was killed in my opinion.

The 160+ gross doesn't shock me at all. This blacktail is what we call a 4 point (8 or 10 in the east?) that scored 143 gross and 146 net, and yours looks substantially larger.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 7