Well that’s a first for me !!

I sent the picture to the gunsmith that built my last rifle and he asked me if my die was set to low and I was caming over too hard but I'm not you can barely even feel it contact

It's a mystery to me how that would happen

I've heard of it happening sometimes. Especially if the chamber is oversized or die under sized or small based. As mentioned they start getting thin wall diameter with the nosler/lapua dies on standard 7/8 die. Redding just released their Z die a few months ago which is 1" diameter and can be used in regular presses with the new nut to accommodate the 1".

65911.jpeg
65909.jpeg

I'm no expert here, but there seems to be something going on in these new big cartridges.

I'm just guessing it split due to being tight to an oversized case web. Firing doesn't really expand the web, unless way over pressure.

Whether PRC, Nosler, etc. It seems like the cases are running oversized to the dies in some tolerance cases and/or the chambers are running tight. With everything, but the cases fixed, I wonder why the case makers don't take 0.0005" out of the case head??

Shout out to Redding !!
Their customer service is about as good as it gets in my opinion.
I've received my new FL sizing die already and they even asked for a couple pieces of fired brass so they could relieve the die a bit so it's not sizing the brass so much.
I have two 30 nosler and one has a somewhat sloppy chamber Compared to my other one.
You can sure tell sizing the brass that it's not working it as hard now.

Nice work REDDING 👍
You've always had my business and you always will.