• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Watch out for this Scammer

I also was hit up today by this guy trying to sell me a item on another shooting site. I called the Brewer PD and they told me to contact my local PD?

Yea he's still getting people (latest was a few days ago) and the Brewer PD isn't acting very helpful.

1000 dollars is worth a trip and a "discussion".
I'm really not in a position where I think that would be a good idea. I can't afford an altercation with someone; if it came to that. Next week I plan to at least call the officer back and see where he's at on it. If he gives me a **** answer I'll probably call his boss, and so on until I can't call anyone else. I keep saying it, but I need to engage with the state police, sheriffs department, and the FBI office up there and at least put it on their radar.

I'm really not in a position where I think that would be a good idea. I can't afford an altercation with someone; if it came to that. Next week I plan to at least call the officer back and see where he's at on it. If he gives me a **** answer I'll probably call his boss, and so on until I can't call anyone else. I keep saying it, but I need to engage with the state police, sheriffs department, and the FBI office up there and at least put it on their radar.
I agree. Getting charged by dealing with this ASSprin HATer is only dropping to his level. I'd say be that squeaky wheel until you have some satisfaction. The sad part is no one will likely get their money back.

WTB while good intended, it's a nice concept of I need something and if you want to get rid of the same something, I can get a good deal and you can get rid of it.

The reality though is I want something, this is exactly what I want you to screw me over for.

Every WTB add I've had out there brought out the scammers, everyone of them.

If it's not someone that's been on the forum for a long time, it's not worth dealing with. People on the forum for a long time value their name and integrity more than making a buck scamming someone.

WTB while good intended, it's a nice concept of I need something and if you want to get rid of the same something, I can get a good deal and you can get rid of it.

The reality though is I want something, this is exactly what I want you to screw me over for.

Every WTB add I've had out there brought out the scammers, everyone of them.

If it's not someone that's been on the forum for a long time, it's not worth dealing with. People on the forum for a long time value their name and integrity more than making a buck scamming someone.
I totally agree!

Between a few forums like here, hunttalk and Rokslide I've had a lot of potential scammers reach out to me when I post a WTB ad. I've been lucky that they were easy to figure out (brand new member with low or no post count, wanting me to contact their "friend" in an email exchange, red flags with the conversation, photos ripped from Google). If they had been any better I may have been lured in as you were. Hope they do something about him.

This thread got me thinking about what I would do to code and market a payment app that would be an improvement over the options today. If a seller accepts a payment (say, above $50 or so), the money is on hold and the seller has 5 business days to ship the item, link carrier tracking info into the app with signature required upon receiving the item. Just to cover things for both parties.

As long as it,s an eBay allowed item, use PayPal with the fee and you have buyer protection.

been there done that.

As long as it,s an eBay allowed item, use PayPal with the fee and you have buyer protection.

been there done that.
No it does not.
I ordered a car part through Amazon and paid with paypal. Was sent through Amazon by USPS. Tracked it from Washington st. to my post office. Said it was delivered to my front steps. It was not. I went to the post office and talked to the postmaster and she had the delivery person come in and said the address on the package was correct, it was delivered 1 mile from me same zip code. I went to the house and talked to the owner and he said he never received anything that looks like that. Filed a claim with PayPal and Amazon and sent an email to the seller. Lost everything because it said it was delivered. They said it was a post office problem and the post office said they gave me the wrong tracking number. The seller saw my address and shipped a empty box to an address close to me and gave that tracking number. Took me 6 months to find that part. Still don't have it and I am out the money.
Be careful,
Tom

This sucks Ive (knock on wood) had alot of good dealings off this site. I got scammed a few years ago on some 4WD stuff to the tune of 2300.00. It was a kid 17 yrs old (I didnt know it at the time) I drove my butt from WA to AZ to find him I did at his mom and dad's house. I knocked on door Dad answered told him who i was and why I was there and Dad and Mom both great people apologized profusely and seriously cut me a check standing at their front door. Mom said kid was in trouble already and on drugs. Kind of felt bad but for 2300 bucks he would have got an @ss kicking at the very least. I HATE theives...

Good luck I hope the Police come thru if not the old saying goes the squeaky wheel gets the grease keep calling up the chain eventually someone there will get tired of it and actually do something...

If you find a dedicated crook, you can get screwed.
PP with fees is the best option beside FTF.
Been doing EBay 20 years with 1 issue,resolved in my favor.
There is plenty of good advice on the net how not to get screwed.
I won't rehash it here.
If it's too good to be true, stay away.