want to hog hunt

bbaley

Hi all,
I am interested in your ideas or information regarding possible Texas hog hunts, guided or ranch, but specifically spot and stalk and not sitting in a blind over feed pile.

I have never done it before but really want to.
I have a big empty spot in my giant freezer.

It is my understanding this is the state to do it in.

Also, I lived in Texas as a kid (near Plano) and would love to go back.
Lastly I live in Oregon, which has dismal prospects for hogs.

Anyway, your thoughts and experience are most appreciated.

Maybe you know some general ares, guides, ranches or specific people.

Cheers !

There are at least two regulars in the Hog Hunting forum that live in Texas - djones and Coy Franks. They might be able to give you the info you seek.

Around here there is no chance because of a lawsuit against a landowner that gave a church group permission to camp out and one of the kids got hurt doing something stupid so now everyone is snake bit. I know there are some people that used outfitters in this forum and they may help you. There is an outfitter that has leased property to hunt around here by the name of Big Trophy Adventures out of Lubbock so you might try him. In my opinion, January and February are the better months to hunt because hogs will come to feeders better.

i would like to hog hunt but everywhere i go all i see are dead hogs left by this guy.

mask1_zpspmseoe1n.jpg

who is that masked man anyway??

mask2_zpshl5kjwpz.jpg

Hey coy do you think more land owners would be for letting people hunt lands for pigs if you carried your own liability insurance and signed a safety release similar to a hunt ranch. Just a question wondering your thoughts. I actually carry my own insurance like that because people here also got sick of being burned after letting someone hunt. It really seems to pit them at ease and doesn't cost me very much so wondering if that could become the new normal. Would help with your pig problem down in those parts and take the expense off the land owner. What are your thoughts?

is getting good isn't he. Just amazing with these skills he hasn't made a better face for himself though. Although that may be for our benefit I always feel better about myself after seeing other people are a lot worse off.

snox,
yeah, I keep wondering about that, since the last time I saw a face like that it was on a goat! If it is the real him, no wonder he spends all his time hunting to avoid having to offend others by showing it in public!

Packrat

I live in Central Texas and have some land, unfortunately I seem to be in a location (Goldthwaite area) that does not get many pigs. I have tons of whitetail but no pigs. I cant find anyplace to hunt without spending several hundred $$.

If I were in Oregon and wanted to hunt hogs. I would be thinking about northern California. Check out "Wilderness Unlimited". Good group of folks who get together and lease ranch land down there for members to hunt on. Some of those ranches have good hog hunting and you can drive your meat back.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.