Veterans Day

Hey Guy's, I'm sorry I should have said the pic. was taken in DaNang, South Viet Nam, I was recovering from shrapnel wounds from a grenade, Then six months later I was wounded again twice in one day, 1st was Gun shot wound to Rt. arm, then about 15 min. later i hear a ping and another grenade, shrapnel in left side of my body. We were doing a Bomb assessment on the northern part of the Ho Chi Minh trail, I called for a extractment point went about 100 meters and Bam got ambushed, I had a (Or We Were A Four Man Team) We were all Wounded, You only get one Purple Heart because i was wounded twice in 24 hours , anyway went home with two, one from the first time I was wound, and one from the second wound. Sorry about the Rant. I just can't believe it was 50 years ago and you guy's are so young. I was 18 when I went to Nam.

Hey Guy's, I'm sorry I should have said the pic. was taken in DaNang, South Viet Nam, I was recovering from shrapnel wounds from a grenade, Then six months later I was wounded again twice in one day, 1st was Gun shot wound to Rt. arm, then about 15 min. later i hear a ping and another grenade, shrapnel in left side of my body. We were doing a Bomb assessment on the northern part of the Ho Chi Minh trail, I called for a extractment point went about 100 meters and Bam got ambushed, I had a (Or We Were A Four Man Team) We were all Wounded, You only get one Purple Heart because i was wounded twice in 24 hours , anyway went home with two, one from the first time I was wound, and one from the second wound. Sorry about the Rant. I just can't believe it was 50 years ago and you guy's are so young. I was 18 when I went to Nam.

Were you SF? Four man team that's why I'm asking. I can't believe you got two Purple Hearts. I hope the VA or Army medical retirement system is taking care of you. I was a combat engineer in Iraq x1 and AFG x2. I was 23 on my first deployment as a PL. Check out my profile pic!

300 Whisper at first i didn't notice it, them when i did another look I just had to reply back. I was a 12b40 CMBT.ENGINR, The a slot opened up for Pathfinder and Jump School at Fort Benning, Waiver was cleared for me and the next thing i have orders to Viet Nam Report to a Mac-V team.

300Wisper about what time do you you come on line, I would like to share some thoughts withyou, The VA. IS Taking very Good Care Of Me, They are letting me go to a private Hospital for a Shoulder Replacement, Which I should have done last year, Now I have to get new tests done, EMG Test, MRI, AND ONE MORE, I will let you know whats up

300Wisper about what time do you you come on line, I would like to share some thoughts withyou, The VA. IS Taking very Good Care Of Me, They are letting me go to a private Hospital for a Shoulder Replacement, Which I should have done last year, Now I have to get new tests done, EMG Test, MRI, AND ONE MORE, I will let you know whats up

I'm always on here. I get text notifications through my email on my iPhone. I'm addicted to this site lol. You can pm whenever.

Just wanted to say thank u to all the Veterans on this site for all the sacrifices u have made, and not only u but the sacrifices your family has made. Despite the years of service I appreciate everyday and thank u for it! We often get caught up in everyday life. Work, shooting, reloading and simply spending time with our families is a comadity that many take for granite as a given. But without the many that have served these would not be possible! Thank you from myself and all of my family!
Thank you. I never put my butt on the line like others so I don't hold myself to be the same as those veterans. I signed on to do what was I was ordered to do and left as a Captain. I am grateful to have had the chance to serve.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.