Veterans Day

Just wanted to say thank u to all the Veterans on this site for all the sacrifices u have made, and not only u but the sacrifices your family has made. Despite the years of service I appreciate everyday and thank u for it! We often get caught up in everyday life. Work, shooting, reloading and simply spending time with our families is a comadity that many take for granite as a given. But without the many that have served these would not be possible! Thank you from myself and all of my family!
Thanks buddy, much appreciated! We have it much better today than our Vietnam brothers did.

Being from the era of Vietnam, I just missed being in the draft. I graduated from college in 1975. Both my parents were in the Navy in WWII, they were both aircraft mechanics and like them I was fascinated by planes. I went to see the Navy Recruiter and asked if I could fly fighter jets, being a football player at 6'-6" 250 lbs was above their limit at that time and I did not want to fly transports. So I went onward to a civilian career. I always joke that the military was lucky they missed me. I am a little bit independent and would have probably spent most of my time doing some kp duty for disciplinary action. I really did feel for the guys who came back from Nam. They were all treated like baby killers. I do look back and most of all I feel guilty. Guilty because I passed the cup. I can not say how much I respect all our service member past and present for all those who served all those with visible and invisible wounds for all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I giver a lot to veterans charities I support them in anyway I can but what I do most is get up everyday and thank God that we have men and women that decide to make that commitment because without them everything, yes everything, we have as a nation would not exist.

Being from the era of Vietnam, I just missed being in the draft. I graduated from college in 1975. Both my parents were in the Navy in WWII, they were both aircraft mechanics and like them I was fascinated by planes. I went to see the Navy Recruiter and asked if I could fly fighter jets, being a football player at 6'-6" 250 lbs was above their limit at that time and I did not want to fly transports. So I went onward to a civilian career. I always joke that the military was lucky they missed me. I am a little bit independent and would have probably spent most of my time doing some kp duty for disciplinary action. I really did feel for the guys who came back from Nam. They were all treated like baby killers. I do look back and most of all I feel guilty. Guilty because I passed the cup. I can not say how much I respect all our service member past and present for all those who served all those with visible and invisible wounds for all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. I giver a lot to veterans charities I support them in anyway I can but what I do most is get up everyday and thank God that we have men and women that decide to make that commitment because without them everything, yes everything, we have as a nation would not exist.

You would made an excellent combat arms guy!!

As a Former Peace Corps Volunteer (Philippines, '66 - '67) I would also like to thank the many non-military government workers who have risked dangerous situations abroad in the service of their nation. They too are "veterans". They too made sacrifices, sometimes the ultimate sacrifice.

Not that it equates in to service in a combat zone but I do recall the trips in Mindanao through Moro (Muslim) rebel territory at night under the canvas of a full grain truck to avoid detection.
And yes, I park in "Veterans Only" parking spots. I earned it.

Eric B.

morning, we all had losses in foreign wars and conflicts.
god bless all of us near and far for serving this great
country and flag. justme gbot tum

A Little Late but Thank You Very Much

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 26
That Was Taken in Early 68 On The North Side Of Danang, I was thinking maybe someone on the sight would recognize the photo and do some catch up.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.