Velvet deer photos

That's a dandy of a buck!
Trail cams are great for buck management. Before them if a decent legal buck came near he was toast but once you get a picture or two of the big mature bucks that you thought were non existent it's easy to pass on smaller bucks.
Main frame 8 with a bunch of extra beauty totaling about 17-19 points if I remember correctly. Found this buck in 2012 as a wide short tined 8, 20" inside spread atleast. Even though I would have taken the shot i told my friend that he needs one more year to really grow. Even though I would of shot. Every time I finished hunting be it morning or evening and I didn't see him I sighed in relief. Just was happy i didn't have to make THAT choice lol. I came super close twice just picked the wrong stand that was a couple hundred yards away instead of the correct one. 2017 was his peak after that he started to shrink but weirdly he picked up even more mass. Never saw him after 2021 season was over. Meaning January 31 is tge last day of hunting that zone. I got pictures into February but not during the next season. Zero pictures during the hunting season in 2022. So he was atleast 12 years old, Old age or yotes is my guess that took him out. Never found a shed or anything in all those years. Oh well it was amazing memories for me trying to get him.