Vectronics Terripin very Goodacious

How do I get one in Canada. Can someone help me please.

If Potomac River Group will not ship to you, I doubt there is anything that can be done. I know for the PLRF10 and up you start with a background check and sign a paper that you will never ship it out of the states. But I am not sure if the Terripin falls under these guide lines.

Jeff

Thankyou very much. I talked to a nice gentalmen from Potomac on the phone about five minutes ago. He said shipping to Canada is no problem, everything nice and legal. A lady from sales will call me tommorow and take my order. four weeks sounded like wait time. Thankyou for the advice and help.

Thankyou very much. I talked to a nice gentalmen from Potomac on the phone about five minutes ago. He said shipping to Canada is no problem, everything nice and legal. A lady from sales will call me tommorow and take my order. four weeks sounded like wait time. Thankyou for the advice and help.

Congrats! Sounds like you are on your way to owning a real RF.

Jeff

I had a chance to play with it a little more today. There was fog and heavy mist today and the device would give readings between 36 and 60 yds at times. I assume it was bouncing off the water particles. I set the GATE at 220 yds which causes it to ignore all targets inside 220 yds and I had no more problems with the short range ghosts. Range was not as good as yesterday but it was still very nice. I ranged several deer at 1000+, trees were ranged at 2000+ consistantly.

Well, I found another way to get around the short distance ghosts in fog or misty conditions. Turn the 3d mode on, when the short distance appears and starts to flash simply push the distance button again and it will give the more distant reading. Turns out the ghosts are actually the device reading the water particles as targets as first thought.

Thanks Augustus, now I am really excited. Does it range a single tree or a rock in a field, say 13 14 1500 hundred yards or does it need bigger objects to get a precise reed.

Murphys Law and my Crappy Luck dictate that after I puchase my Terripin, Leica will come out with a 2000 yard modle, just like what happened after I bought my 1200 and they came out with the 1600. just use patience and my Crappy Luck and you will get what you wish for.

Yep, no telling whats in the pipeline, I replaced my Leica 1200 with the Terripin and I came very close to buying a 1600. Im glad I didnt. Im sure Sworo, Leica and others are going to be humped up trying to duplicate the Terripins performance. It would not surprise me if they gitterdun in the next couple of yrs.

In answer to the question asked about getting readings on individual rocks and trees at 1000+, if the objects are as large as the divergence it will range them very consistantly as long as the reticle is on target and stays that way during ranging. I was ranging cows at 1000 today with ease and I was just leaning against my truck freehanded. I havent put it one a tri-pod yet. It is not magic and it cant read your mind, if you wobble off target when you punch the button, you will range whatever you were pointing at at the instant the ranging button was activated.

I couldnt say, the Terripin is the only one I have seen. Are you refering to the 10, 15 or a different one?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.