Recommended Snake-proof boots

I bought some snake gaiters on amazon two years ago. I've only worn them a couple of times. But I'm going to be far more diligent on using them.

I'm a land surveyor in East Texas. I wear snake boots all day long for 8 months a year. I've tried them all. I haven't found a pair yet that last a full year, so I generally buy the cheap Rocky's. They are ok for comfort. If I was gonna just have a pair for part time, it would be these:

I've worn LaCrosse rubber snake boots and Magellan cowboy boot snake boots (current favorite)…but I've decided to go with my Zamberlain and Listo Provision this season. The typical snake boots just aren't comfortable and they are hot. Good luck!

After reading all these posts I was looking at the Chippewas but having large calves it's a deal breaker. If you have large calves get the Irish Setters Vapor trail. The advantage of the lace up boot is when you are hiking up a steep hill your foot will not be sliding around in a boot. The traction is very good also. If you're just walking around on trails I'm sure the slip on boot will work. The only downside of these boots is trying to take them off. Just sit down on a chair or tailgate.
Jason

Ain't fraid of no snakes

Attachments

• 0e07e1749c6b54c31c611260bb739aaa-2181901394.png
    0e07e1749c6b54c31c611260bb739aaa-2181901394.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1