UPS has officially stopped shipping guns?

Just shipped a rifle back to Savage last week. It was identified as a firearm on the form on told to the tech at the counter - no problem. This was from a UPS Customer Center. The UPS Stores would not ship. I'm in Colorado.

Gillette hub has been very difficult to deal with. The UPS Store has been OK to deal with. I had an account for 30 days and my credit card was charged for items that I never shipped, I cancelled my account and was reimbursed about 60 days later.
That UPS store won't even ship a rifle scope if declared, nevertheless firearms or parts, plus by design has to be one of the most inefficient shipping places I have ever set foot in.
I've never had an issue at the hub, other than once when their rules applied, I could not ship a rifle w/o an FFL. That eased off and all good. That young blond haired woman who worked the counter taking packages from 3:30-5;50pm for over 15yrs epitomized what a customer service person should act like.
Can you still pick up packages there in the morning like before, or is that gone too?

Like I said in my first post, all my guns, and any future purchases will have a designated heir either before or after I am pushing up daisies, ragweed, or cactus, lol
And right now I patiently awaiting a tracking # from whatever shipping company for my NIB Weatherby XXII 22LR bolt action with a beautiful lighter colored stock. Insert a few Tim Allen Tool Time grunts here, lol

I tried to ship an action from my local UPS hub yesterday, and was told they no longer ship guns or gun parts from non authorized shippers. I knew they had changed policy last year, but individuals where still able to ship to FFL's. That is no more. The person at the counter apologized profusely, but said corporate UPS will hold their hubs responsible for violating policy if they ship a gun or gun parts containing a serial number. They gave me a copy of the policy and it's pretty clear they are done shipping for individuals and any business they haven't "approved ". It also sounds like the approval process is arbitrary at best. Ammo, brass and projectiles will be next I'm sure.
If you want to ship gun parts tell them Woodstock = Wooden Sculpture, Gun Barrel = Machine part/s,

I live in a small town of about 2500 in GA. I was going to ship a Tikka t3 and a new barrel blank(purchased here) to a gunsmith in WI (member here) back in the summer for a 25 Creedmoor barrel chamber/swap. It had been about a year and a half since I had shipped a rifle to Kampfeld for some work with no problem through UPS. This time the local UPS hub would not ship from an individual, the local USPS would not ship from an individual, local gun shop would ship for about double the actual cost and would have to log the rifle in to their records and I would have to fill out a 4473 when it came back. I ended up finding a gunsmith about an hour away that had a good reputation and got it done locally. Write letters to your elected officials about this, we may not be able to change what UPS does but they do have jurisdiction over USPS. The Democrats are after our guns ANY way they can get them!

Wow. I just starting reading all these posts. This will surely put a damper on this web sites forum for sale rifles! Yep, "they" are after dis-arming us ! If you haven't noticed, the Left are brainwashing the gullible and if we don't get some leaders with a backbone that will say NO to bad things, and promote the good things, America will become a Marxist country. We are just a few steps away now. Our God given rights are being taken away and life as we once knew it is evaporating. Sorry to go off the subject..but wake up!

I have an FFL. so it doesn't affect me as much. That said, the local UPS store won't ship firearms even though I have an FFL. Town is 25 miles away. I set up a UPS account and our driver comes frequently since Amazon is a favorite of my wife. The driver is glad to do a pickup on any package, so it is way better for me.

Setting up an account was easy, so you may want to consider that. Saves a lot of driving and it is much easier.

I have to drive over an hour away to the only gunstore in my area who will ship for customers. They charge quite a but for it as well because they know there is no other option locally. Our UPS hub closed in December and the next closest one closed last month. Total bullcrap

As a non FFL….

If you are shipping a gun back to a manufacturer and they send out the tag technically they are the shipper and that will work.

Also you can use shipmygun.com. They essentially do the same thing.

Shipmygun.com is run by Buds Gun Shop.