Trying to outshoot 7.62 X 39 with .223

Oh, it's chambered in 5.56 NATO. You should be able to run up to around 27 grains of CFE 223 with the 69s, in search of an accuracy node. They'll be compressed loads at ~25 grains and above.

I only tried one load with 69's so far , 24 grains. I can go no further at the moment, we are having cold stormy weather.

Oh, it's chambered in 5.56 NATO. You should be able to run up to around 27 grains of CFE 223 with the 69s, in search of an accuracy node. They'll be compressed loads at ~25 grains and above.

Does it have the 12.5" or 16.5" barrel?
16.5 "

@Pureblood Dude....why are you not a world champion shooter, and orator of all things firearms. I have never in my life seen anyone with the knowledge level you have about the 7.62x39. Your level of knowledge is truly unbelievable. I have heard stories my whole life about people with your intelligence level and at least I get to witness it on the internet instead of completely missing out. Keep on keeping on proby.

Thanks but I am selling my Leupold scopes to buy Spina scopes. At the end of the day it's the result that counts.

Spina scopes are are great, and so are Brittany spaniels. I have tried both, that's how I know:D
Nice, I cant wait to see them posted up in the classifieds. Come on man back up your words and sell some Leupolds through the classifieds.

Brandon Scott Jones Reaction GIF by CBS

@Pureblood Dude....why are you not a world champion shooter, and orator of all things firearms. I have never in my life seen anyone with the knowledge level you have about the 7.62x39. Your level of knowledge is truly unbelievable. I have heard stories my whole life about people with your intelligence level and at least I get to witness it on the internet instead of completely missing out. Keep on keeping on proby.
I already am a world champion X39 shooter ! ☺️

Thanks but I am selling my Leupold scopes to buy Spina scopes. At the end of the day it's the result that counts.

Spina scopes are are great, and so are Brittany spaniels. I have tried both, that's how I know:D
wow this thread is wild, this was my favorite comment

trying to get to spinas website...

1709571861211.png

I have seen many online articles explaining various ways to get .223 to shoot really good groups, nearly all give differing advise. I took the centerground advise with loads for various bullet weights with the powder I had, hence the charges I used in my first attempt. Now I shall work up my own loads. I expect to be able to complete my experiment using a maximum of one pound of powder

Is it likely that any of the you articles you mention might show how I could manage to get X39 loads shoot 1/2 MOA, without any load development ?
Wow!!!

"centerground" advise lead you to about the lightest bullet you could load in a 223, that is not remotely capable of reaching the lands in a 223Rem with a SAAMI spec chamber, and then you used a powder that doesn't really come into its own in a 223 until your bullets are in excess of 60gr. Interesting.

I'll tell you two ways to shoot a 1/2 MOA group with millsurp ammo. 1) shoot a group at point blank range and back up until it's 1/2 MOA. 2) shoot groups until one is 1/2 MOA and take a picture of that one. I don't know what method you used, but this thread is a joke, and I had to stop at three pages!

Wow!!!

"centerground" advise lead you to about the lightest bullet you could load in a 223, that is not remotely capable of reaching the lands in a 223Rem with a SAAMI spec chamber, and then you used a powder that doesn't really come into its own in a 223 until your bullets are in excess of 60gr. Interesting.

I'll tell you two ways to shoot a 1/2 MOA group with millsurp ammo. 1) shoot a group at point blank range and back up until it's 1/2 MOA. 2) shoot groups until one is 1/2 MOA and take a picture of that one. I don't know what method you used, but this thread is a joke, and I had to stop at three pages!

Centerground advise lead me to the loads for the bullet weights I had. 40 grain bullets shoot best of all so far, but that does not surprise me. :) There will be more load development photo's when the weather changes.

In the meantime here's a nice picture for you to enjoy.

IMG_4182.JPG

Recent Posts