Trouble with first shot accuracy with T/C Prohunter 50 cal.

I've been shooting my T/C Prohunter for some time now, 6-7 yrs. I switched to Blackhorn 209 three years ago. Since then, accuracy and consistency has improved consistenly. My first change was to replace my ammo. On recommendation, I went to Precicision Rifle Bullet's 260 gr. "Dead Center". This coupled with 110 Gr. Of Blackhorn 209, CCI 209M primers, worked very well in my gun. With a clean barrel, fire two primers, to simulate "a first shot", then continue shooting without wiping. I've had some work done on the Encore...trigger lightened up some, recoil suppressor in stock....nice for an old guy like me [66], hinge pin replaced with a two piece "locker pin",....makes a big difference. And, using a range rod, with a rotating end [jag designed to fit the bullet]. When loading, its one smooth push...no stutter...Good Luck. You can find quite a bit of info by checking out the Precision Rifle Bullet site...or give old Cecil Epp a call. He's probably the most knowledgeable gunsmith regarding muzzleloaders around...any brand. All the magazines, books, etc. contact Cecil about his work, improvements, testing, on all brands. He is "The Man".

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.