Trijicon Credo 2.5-15 vs Vortex Razor LHT

I bought into the fear of the LHT's ability to hold a zero. I picked up a 2.5-10x42 NXS a little while back in case one of my LHT gave me any issues, but luckily mine have been solid.
Yeah one guy pimped that theory hard. I too have one that's been solid going into its 4th year. Last year it was responsible for 9 dead elk, deer and antelope.

Last edited:
I have 4 3.5-15 LHTs.l, one 4-21 or whatever the exact numbers are.
My first LHT sits on an 8# 340 Weatherby. I have 400 rounds through it with this scope. Very heavy recoil. Always dead on when I check zero.
Another is on a 308 that is my daily hunter here in Kodiak when I don't need the 340. It has been on rough mountain goat hunts, boat rides, washboard roads, fallen over a dozen times. Every time I check zero it is dead on.
The illumination feature could be executed better.
I have only one Credo. It's a solid scope. Only a 1-4 so I can't really compare it but I do like the illumination. The reticle in the LHT is spot on.

Last edited:
Typical Kodiak trip. Everything is wet and steep
When I saw the size of this bear turd I was wishing for my 340 though.

Attachments

• IMG_20240712_200231.jpg
    IMG_20240712_200231.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 48
My lht shifted from a drop leaned against a tree that combined with the parallax and mag being pretty much frozen in the cold make me much prefer my credo 2.5-15

The reticle is ok, it is a bit thin for my preference. I would prefer a ffp with a boring old mildot

Most of the time when a quality
Scope shifts its the mounting that moves. I've tested a lot of them that seemed to shift but simply changing the rings and bases, and sometimes the size of the screws the problems went away

Last edited:
Meh, people can believe it or not. Bedded base and seekins pmrs and it shifted under conditions others haven't. Ymmv but I'm not buying another.

If I trade the trijicon it will probably be for a maven 1.2 since I would like ffp in a reticle I can see in the woods.