Xtriii 3.5-18 vs credo 2.5-15

Those are two completely different scopes. One is 34mm FFP, the other 30mm SFP. The credo is 7ish oz lighter. If you want FFP and a heavier scope with more internal adjustment go with the Burris, if your counting oz's and want SFP go with the Credo.

Those are two completely different scopes. One is 34mm FFP, the other 30mm SFP. The credo is 7ish oz lighter. If you want FFP and a heavier scope with more internal adjustment go with the Burris, if your counting oz's and want SFP go with the Credo.
I know they are very different, just looking for a reliable long range hunting scope

I had a 2.5-15 Credo for awhile and liked it overall. I felt the eyebox was a little more finicky than a 3-18 Tenmile. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't super forgiving at higher power. The turret feel isn't as good as a XTR. I didn't have it for long enough to really test how it did long term but it tracked and RTZ fine. If they offered it in a good FFP reticle I probably would have kept it since there isn't a whole lot out there in that weight range.

I don't own an xtr 3 but my buddy does. I have a 4-16 and a 2.5-15 credo. I do feel like the 4-16 is easier to get behind as mentioned. The glass seems better on the xtr 3 and I do like the reticle for target shooting.

The SFP reticle in the credo's is actually very nice. I've taken a bear at 30yds and a deer at 60yds and was quickly able to acquire them in the reticle. The center for is also delicate enough that you can get some detail work in at 800yds target shooting no problem.

The fit and finish feels better on the trijicons, but I'd the xtr 3 proves reliable for zero retention under impacts I do feel like it's a good scope for the price. As mentioned though prepare for irregular fit and function. Clicks are better than the credo, but the mag ring is stupidly stiff.

My personal choice is going to be stick with trijicon especially for a hunting rig.