Told Ya !!!

I'll have to say, that's no good for the ag guys.
Like wolves on sheep and cattle.

Hopefully there is a good compromise. Wildlife Agencies are too slow to adjust to growing populations it seems. Same with the bears around us, except they are 100% worthless to us. Completely and entirely of no value.

Here's the Zone 9 archery bull, not the 411 or 454 but still a magnificent bull, smiles say it all.....
FB_IMG_1726656931262.jpg

If ever there was anything that indicated that the elk licenses were nothing but a money grab, it's the Governors Tag!

I didn't catch how much the highest bidder
Theres 2 so called governors tags, one is the KECA and is chanced off with the money going towards running the elk visitors center and grounds and the other the RMEF, pure bid auction with ALL proceeds going towards food plots, habitat improvements etc, that has allowed the herd to expand into new areas and we've seen the results of that money..this year $275'000...not bad since they don't have to do a thing to raise a lot of free money that goes to a great cause...

@Frank in the Laurels,

Interesting.....

"Allowed the herd to expand into new areas".

Do you mean within the set zones for elk?

I live close enough that I hear about the elk wandering outside of the designated elk zone.
Usually 4-6 times a year it will be reported that one wandered and the Game Commission put it down with "sharp shooters".
AKA a Game Warden with a rifle.