Tikka T3X

Ya, more for the idea than anything.

Like the seller I tried AICS and didn't like 'em. Noisy and cold.

Call me what you will but I like those flush 3rnd Tikka mags. ...well everything but the price šŸ¤‘
I like them also but yes expensive! I can't remember now how many rounds the extended mag I got for my other Tikka but didn't like it sticking out that far. I got a spare stock one also. Neved needed to switch mags fast while hunting. Yet .

I bought a new Tikka T3X 300 WM. I don't really know how to put it but very disappointed that the max OAL can only be 3.358 to fit into detachable mag. Bullet is seated very deep compared to my Weatherby Vangaurd (Howa) at 3.484. In load manuals it's shows 3.340 as standard. So unless I single feed I'm guessing in screwed. I haven't yet tried to see how far out I can go before touching lands.
What I don't understand is why a Tikka T3 Lite I have in 6.5 Creed
I Can seat the bullet way out and still fit in the mag.
Has anybody ran into this with a Tikka in 300 WM ?
Thanks
This is exactly why I bought a 300PRC barrel for the 7PRC I built with a long action and 3.77 magazine. I have a custom built around a Tikka action that I am going to convert to a 7PRC. Unknown Munitions is coming out with bottom metal and magazines to get longer COAL and there are others that make similar. Also if you want to swap to a great barrel there is a Proof 24" pre-fit for sale in the classifieds that is barely broken in. Check it out šŸ˜‰

This is exactly why I bought a 300PRC barrel for the 7PRC I built with a long action and 3.77 magazine. I have a custom built around a Tikka action that I am going to convert to a 7PRC. Unknown Munitions is coming out with bottom metal and magazines to get longer COAL and there are others that make similar. Also if you want to swap to a great barrel there is a Proof 24" pre-fit for sale in the classifieds that is barely broken in. Check it out šŸ˜‰
Thanks !

There is a reason why my T3s are chambered in 6.5 Sweed, 30-06 and 338 Fed. They fit the T3 action just fine. Would have rather had a 7 rem mag and 300 win mag but the mags just donā€™t work and the recoil in the T3 lite is more than this old fart wants

There is a reason why my T3s are chambered in 6.5 Sweed, 30-06 and 338 Fed. They fit the T3 action just fine. Would have rather had a 7 rem mag and 300 win mag but the mags just donā€™t work and the recoil in the T3 lite is more than this old fart wants
I like my T3 Lite in 6.5 needmore. No recoil. Accurate. I bought in 2017. I used it in 2018 on 2 doe whitetail and a lope doe. 2019 on 3 doe lope. Didn't use again until 2022 on a doe whitetail. Haven't used since. Maybe I'll use it on lope doe and doe whitetail I have tags for this year. Maybe a whitetail buck I have tag for. šŸ¤”

Wife has a T3x Roughtech in .300WM. Shoots Barnes 180 TSX handloads under 1/2 MOA. 80 gr of H1000, 3.353" OAL, 3022 FPS.

Yep, the Finns stick to the rules/ specs as far as cartridge dimensions go. If there was an internal magazine/ bottom metal available, one could load longer, jam more powder in the case, and get more velocity, but there isn't one that I know of.

That said, it's a darn fine shooter for a thousand bucks.

Wife has a T3x Roughtech in .300WM. Shoots Barnes 180 TSX handloads under 1/2 MOA. 80 gr of H1000, 3.353" OAL, 3022 FPS.

Yep, the Finns stick to the rules/ specs as far as cartridge dimensions go. If there was an internal magazine/ bottom metal available, one could load longer, jam more powder in the case, and get more velocity, but there isn't one that I know of.

That said, it's a darn fine shooter for a thousand bucks.
That's good to hear because it's the same exact rifle I just bought. Loaded some Hammer Hunter tipped 182 gr. I have alot of Barnes 180 TTX. Used to be my go to bullet in 300 RUM.

I think they hit the sweet spot with that D18 barreled action in the Roughtech. Just heavy enough to be easy to shoot well (even in .300WM), but still light enough to not be a bear to carry. I bet you'll be pleased with it.

I think they hit the sweet spot with that D18 barreled action in the Roughtech. Just heavy enough to be easy to shoot well (even in .300WM), but still light enough to not be a bear to carry. I bet you'll be pleased with it.
I like the weight of it. With scope on it it weighs 1.5 pounds less then my 300 wm Vangaurd with same scope. Going to shoot it today. šŸ‘šŸ»