TICKS!!!!

I seen a documentary about the tick's on moose and their calves. Adults can usually withstand a tick infestation but calves have a very difficult time dealing with the blood loss.
Years ago my taxidermist put a deer hide into the freezer for a month, pulled it out and anywhere that they crawled into a crease they were still living. It actually took 3 months to kill all of them!
As someone mentioned above clothing treated with sawyers permethrin is the best thing I have found. A 10 minute spin in the dryer on high will make quick work of dispatching the little disease carrying blood suckers.
Same thing with whitetail fawns.
I suspect fawn mortality is going to be pretty high this year

My daughter wanted to allow our laying hens to free range in our yard. She used the tactic of "they will keep ticks out of our yard". They probably did eat the ticks, but they were definitely not on top of the food chain. All were just a pile of feathers in fairly short order.
Approximately 20 chickens and 11 Guinness free range my property every day I do lose one once in a while, but my 3 dogs are trained to kill anything in the yard that is not a chicken.
IMG_6409.png
IMG_5240.jpeg
63176188017__C74D59B7-9D73-4821-BC41-A2CD435CA460.jpeg
IMG_0672.jpeg
IMG_1085.jpeg
IMG_1034.jpeg
IMG_1031.jpeg

Last edited:
My daughter wanted to allow our laying hens to free range in our yard. She used the tactic of "they will keep ticks out of our yard". They probably did eat the ticks, but they were definitely not on top of the food chain. All were just a pile of feathers in fairly short order.
People that I know that have chickens say hawks are usually to blame during daylight hours.

Approximately 20 chickens and 11 Guinness free range my property every day I do lose one once in a while, but my 3 dogs are trained to kill anything in the yard that is not a chicken.View attachment 581180View attachment 581181View attachment 581182View attachment 581183View attachment 581184View attachment 581185View attachment 581186
Very good 👍
When I had the wolf on the trolley along the creek I never had problems with anything, no coons, yotes, possums ect.
After he passed things changed