Thoughts on a 7x300 wm?

I a curious sort by nature so for those of you that are talking about barrel burners what kind of round count are you thinking is making them a barrel burner?

These high octane performers will have some trade off's. Back when I was shooting 500-1K rounds out of my Mashburn a year I would change out barrels fairly quickly. However I was still getting up to 2500 rounds out of each barrel.

Last question, when and how do you decide that the barrel is toast?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I agree.
I’m pretty sure that a 7-300wm is going to have a better barrel life than my 7stw.
Since my stw is going to have limited range time and mainly for hunting it should definitely last a while.
But I really want a 7-300wm just because 😁
I mean it's pretty much impossible for this statement to not be true. Same hole, lots more powder....

7 practical, I read up on that one around the time I rebarreled my winmag. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you form cases for it with just a bushing change in a 300winmag die ? That was the attractive part for me since I already have a pile brass and dies.
I might be wrong but the practical might have a different shoulder angle??
The 7-300wm as I understand has the same shoulder angle as the 7RM and 300wm, therefore using 300wm brass that is necked down to 7mm.
Am I correct in thinking that??

I a curious sort by nature so for those of you that are talking about barrel burners what kind of round count are you thinking is making them a barrel burner?

These high octane performers will have some trade off's. Back when I was shooting 500-1K rounds out of my Mashburn a year I would change out barrels fairly quickly. However I was still getting up to 2500 rounds out of each barrel.

Last question, when and how do you decide that the barrel is toast?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.
When I torch the throat and start having bullets blow up I consider it toast. Never saw a decrease in accuracy untill blow ups on mine. Just my opinion as it’s gonna be different than others

I might be wrong but the practical might have a different shoulder angle??
The 7-300wm as I understand has the same shoulder angle as the 7RM and 300wm, therefore using 300wm brass that is necked down to 7mm.
Am I correct in thinking that??
I can't remember. I'll have to look it up again. I was thinking it was just a 300winmag necked down to 7mm, making it more "practical"

I've had a hand full of barrels, always used 7828 with the 150 NBT. Depending on lot of powder it's 3200 give or take. Between 70-72 grains of 7828.

The 120 TTSX along with R22 @ 3500 is a killer of a load as well.
Keep in mind that I normally run a round up to what I believe is top end then back off 100 fps or so