The Facebook crazies

It's not the millinnials fault its gen-x (our) fault for poor parenting....

"Just let the computer/phone and TV raise them". sad
That is partly true. But I'd venture to say that a large chunk of the blame also goes to fakebook, social media, and the internet, too. Most of these kids are so brainwashed with social media that they believe EVERYTHING they see or read on social media, and if they didn't see it on there, they're skeptical or flat-out think it's untrue. Colleges brainwashing and indoctrinating them into being good little commies, and the public education system not teaching them real classwork (like what REALLY happened in history, and REAL math, instead of that common-core ****) are also a hell of alot to blame for it, too.

Sounds good to me. We both know the 6.5 creed is the ballistic twin to the 375 cheytac o_O

I think the 6.5 CM hits harder after a mile because it starts picking up speed exponentially at about 1000 yards which also increases the mass to the 10th power. The only thing we have to worry about is it could create a paradox and a hole in the time space continuum. A lot of people don't know that. o_O

I think the 6.5 CM hits harder after a mile because it starts picking up speed exponentially at about 1000 yards which also increases the mass to the 10th power. The only thing we have to worry about is it could create a paradox and a hole in the time space continuum. A lot of people don't know that. o_O

**** time space continuum...I thought we had that solved!

Just get a depleted ozone deflecter installed in the 4D manifold of your flux capacitor to auto-activate when passing through the Van Allen belts, and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Which is why I don't do head shots. That animal only has to move a very small amount to make that jaw disappear, and the result is an animal who is alive until it starves.

I don't need the meat that badly, I'll wait for a good heart shot, thank you.

When I was young, there was a deer wandering around the area missing it's lower jaw for the same reason. It eventually starved, I would guess, but not before wayyy too many people saw it and took a very negative view of hunting because of it.

With social media these days, it'd be all over the internet before the guy jacked another shell into the chamber.

Im sorry my friend, but this is really hypocritical. You are posting on a long range forum, where members regularly shoot big game where the risk of the animal moving during the bullet flight time is WELL over the risk of a deer under 300 moving enough to get his jaw blown off. The headshot deer has to move very specifically in order to be injured. Very likely he will be stone dead or untouched. The deer whose shot at with a flight time of 1.5 seconds can move in just dam near any direction and be wounded. And what about a follow up Shot? You think I have a better chance to kill a wounded animal at 250 or do you at 800 to 900?

Come on, you can't possibly believe that more animals are wounded head shooting under 300 than those shot at long range. No way!

As for social media, I think long range hunting is really frowned on in general. Uneducated non hunters think you can walk into a store, buy a rifle and shoot an elk at 1000 yards the next day. No hunting skills needed and it's viewed as unfair chase. Come to think of it, that describes most Creedmoor owners....but I digress. LMFAO!!

I've said this before, I do not have a problem with someone taking a long shot as long as they are prepared and able to do so. So please do not take me wrong, to each his own.

Last edited:
I think you are on to something here. This may be the answer to time travel and worm holes.

Steve

Come on, you can't possibly believe that more animals are wounded head shooting under 300 than those shot at long range. No way!

Poster did not bring "long range" into to the equation. You did. Poster seemed to be stating a preference for heart shots verses head shots. Range preference was not mentioned. So let's stop cluckin-n-moanin.

I just need to point out how hypocritical this is. You are posting on a long range forum, where members regularly shoot big game where the risk of the animal moving during the bullet flight time is WELL over the risk of a deer under 300 moving enough to get his jaw blown off. The headshot deer has to move very specifically in order to be injured. Very likely he will be stone dead or untouched. The deer whose shot at with a flight time of 1.5 seconds can move in just dam near any direction and be wounded. And what about a follow up Shot? You think I have a better chance to kill a wounded animal at 250 or do you at 800 to 900?

As for social media, I think long range hunting is really frowned on in general. Uneducated non hunters think you can walk into a store, buy a rifle and shoot an elk at 1000 yards the next day. No hunting skills needed and it's viewed as unfair chase. Come to think of it, that describes most Creedmoor owners....but I digress. LMFAO!!

I've said this before, I do not have a problem with someone taking a long shot as long as they are prepared and able to do so. So please do not take me wrong, to each his own.
I head shot a deer once at about 75 yards. Hit him just below the eye. Dropped like a bag of hammers. Went over to him and grabbed him by the front leg to pull him out of the tree well he fell into and he came back to life. I was able to get another in his ear before he got to his feet. Quite exciting. Another time my buddy rattled in a buck and head shot him at close range. Bullet entered in one eye and exited the other. Buck ran around in circles while my buddy was emptying his rifle at him. Finally got one in him that stopped him. I also have seen a buck running with the borrom jaw swinging. Had no gun and could do nothing but watchhim run away. My father neck shot a doe once and tracked it the rest of the day as it breathed out of the hole that blew the bottom of the neck open.

Pump house for me.

Steve

Bowfishin your killing me!

Poster did not bring "long range" into to the equation. You did. Poster seemed to be stating a preference for heart shots verses head shots. Range preference was not mentioned. So let's stop cluckin-n-moanin.

Does he have to bring long range into the equation on "Long Range Hunting"?? Give me a break pal. The substance of the post was that it's risky to head shoot an animal....on a website devoted to a hunting genre that is inherently risky.

Last edited:
6.5 CM RPR weapon.jpg

Does he have to bring long range into the equation on "Long Range Hunting"?? Give me a break pal. The substance of the post was that it's risky to head shoot an animal....on a website devoted to a hunting genre that is inherently risky.

I have no intention of getting into a ****ing match over this. What is acceptable to me is my business, not yours.

As for your contention that long range hunting is inherently risky, it's only as risky as the shooter allows. If the shooter does his homework, obtains the best equipment his budget allows, and practices his craft until he is capable- then WAITS for the perfect opportunity to carry out a long range shot on game- there is no more risk in long range hunting than any other.

The fact is, that's why most of us are here- to learn how to do the best we can at long range shooting so we can do the best we can at long range hunting.

I would bet that most on this site take the majority of their game at more moderate distances, but joining in this forum builds the ability to shoot long if the shot presents itself.

Nobody wants to wound an animal, and your argument that that head shots are usually either lethal or complete misses is valid but since you limit it to 300 yards, this is the wrong forum.

One last thing. You call me hypocritical for not taking head shots when I'm commenting on a long range hunting site, yet you yourself apparently limit them to 300 yards.

Doesn't that make YOU hypocritical?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.