The 25 sst...up and running

Invested a little time today to work up a load with the 121 Hammer. I loaded the bullet to the lands w/215 primer and N565. The pics will say it all. These are 59-62gr. The faster I pushed them the tighter the group got! I settled on 62gr cruising at 3375' S/D 4.8
The kitty fell at 204yds to this laser beam!
Thats impressive shooting Doc! Those Hammers do hammer. At that velocity with that bullet, even elk or moose are potential targets within a reasonable range!

I completely agree! This is a stout little round. Has enough authority to get the job done for sure. As with all the other Sherman's I've built, working a load is straightforward and "simple"! Your wildcats plain work. Anyone on the fence with building one of your Sherman's just has to choose a caliber (sectional density) that makes the most sense for their intended use and go! Don't look back. You will have no regrets.

I forgot to mention that my 25SST kicks like a 22magnum. When i shot the bobcat, I never lost him in my sight picture which is a pleasant bonus! Thanks Jeramiah Alexander for building my rig!

Attached are the ballistic charts for the 121 Hammer and the 131 Blackjack. At 1000yds the 131Blackjack is at 17MOA while the 121Hammer is at 19MOA. Gotta love this stuff:D

Attachments

• E4E888B1-C2C2-4BB2-9974-FE8F83C48C73.png
    E4E888B1-C2C2-4BB2-9974-FE8F83C48C73.png
    223.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 13EE3053-B3F8-4DD1-9F8E-77F5CBB84381.png
    13EE3053-B3F8-4DD1-9F8E-77F5CBB84381.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 191
Attached are the ballistic charts for the 121 Hammer and the 131 Blackjack. At 1000yds the 131Blackjack is at 17MOA while the 121Hammer is at 19MOA. Gotta love this stuff:D
Man the difference in energy is a LOT. You must be running those #s at lower elevation.

It will easily clean up a Creedmoor chamber.

Hmmm . . . are you saying that a person could buy a rifle chambered for a 6.5 CM, and simply run a 6.5SS reamer into the chamber, and voila he'd had a 6.5SS rifle?

For instance, buy a Kimber Montana in 6.5CM, do the 6.5SS reamer operation, and you'd have one heckofa lightweight shoot'n sum'bich . . . ?

Went out this morning and at first light spotted a decent buck feeding. I watched him for about 20min. After looking him over in the spotter for a few min I set up for the shot. Laying prone I ranged him at 638yd a few times just to make sure because the lay of the land was dead flat. The wind was 2-3mph from 9cl I dialed 9.5 up and .5L. Once he got steady feeding broadside I sent it. Impact seemed immediate and he dropped. I cycled another round watching him through the scope. Within seconds I saw him roll over and try to get up and I knew I had spined him. So I sent another one that center punched his shoulder putting him down.

Im thinking on the first shot I didn't get that heavy load I usually do on my bipod due to shooting in the loose sand. But anyways I had opened up the tips on the blackjacks this time with a .041" bit and expansion was much better than when I shot my boar with the bullet in stock form. Looked similar to the performance of the Berger 6.5 140vld h's this time. The lungs had 1.5" hole in them and the exit was close to an inch. Upon entrance the bullet went between the ribs. I think Il open up the rest of them with a .036" bit though because it's a little easier to drill them out. Still very pleased so far with the 25SST and the 131 ACE's.

Impact velocity: 2408fps
Impact energy: 1687 ft lbs
Tof: .688

5859BFDA-F34A-4C65-BE90-6EB0B4D9F7D9.jpeg

Hmmm . . . are you saying that a person could buy a rifle chambered for a 6.5 CM, and simply run a 6.5SS reamer into the chamber, and voila he'd had a 6.5SS rifle?

For instance, buy a Kimber Montana in 6.5CM, do the 6.5SS reamer operation, and you'd have one heckofa lightweight shoot'n sum'bich . . . ?
It would need the bolt opened to std magnum

Went out this morning and at first light spotted a decent buck feeding. I watched him for about 20min. After looking him over in the spotter for a few min I set up for the shot. Laying prone I ranged him at 638yd a few times just to make sure because the lay of the land was dead flat. The wind was 2-3mph from 9cl I dialed 9.5 up and .5L. Once he got steady feeding broadside I sent it. Impact seemed immediate and he dropped. I cycled another round watching him through the scope. Within seconds I saw him roll over and try to get up and I knew I had spined him. So I sent another one that center punched his shoulder putting him down.

Im thinking on the first shot I didn't get that heavy load I usually do on my bipod due to shooting in the loose sand. But anyways I had opened up the tips on the blackjacks this time with a .041" bit and expansion was much better than when I shot my boar with the bullet in stock form. Looked similar to the performance of the Berger 6.5 140vld h's this time. The lungs had 1.5" hole in them and the exit was close to an inch. Upon entrance the bullet went between the ribs. I think Il open up the rest of them with a .036" bit though because it's a little easier to drill them out. Still very pleased so far with the 25SST and the 131 ACE's.

Impact velocity: 2408fps
Impact energy: 1687 ft lbs
Tof: .688

View attachment 161883
Nice Chase! Opening those tips has to help.

Nice shooting and congrats!

Thanks, his frame reminds me a lot of your sister in laws Coues buck. This deer had a pretty big drop tine under his g2 on the left beam that was broke off at the base. It's been good to see some mass on the bucks this year. We've actually been getting a decent amount of rainfall the last few years.