Temp Stability?

In reply #4 above (thanks fruitnut), he shows at 500' elev, 90* 500 yards shot would be 28.4 inches low with 3213 velocity
move to 6000 feet elevation and lower temp to 50* 500 yard shot would be 29.6 low with 3113 velocity.
raise velocity to 3163 at 50* 500 yard shot would then be 28.2

So, if I was spotting for you and called the range at 500 yards and told you shot will be 28.2 inches low, NOT 29.6 inches. Could you possibly be able to hold a difference of 1.4 inches (in your scope) at 500 yards to make a difference? I don't think I could, so bottom line, I don't think it matters.
It seems we only worry when we handload our own ammo. When we shoot factory ammo, it seems we never worry about temp stability in powder that is loaded in the factory stuff. Not sure why, maybe it's because we have no control over the powder used in factory ammo. We just shoot it and kill stuff.

I thought that the Temp Stability argument was for going overpressure, not POI change, for the most part anyway.

Hemiford, it's for both but good call out!

Kind of like ES not mattering much at 0-300 yds but start shooting 1000+ on steel and ES does mess with your verticle…..