Sylvan Arms Gen 3 Folder misfires

One other thing that I just remembered
Make sure your gas tube is deadening at the correct place inside your upper receiver
Appreciate it. I am going to try some of the easier troubleshooting before I break it down and start checking the gas block. The other thing I had forgotten is that I was using a brass catcher. Sometimes it gets in the way of ejection and can cause battery issues. Going to give a good cleaning and run a few mags without the brass catcher and see if I have the same issue before I do anything else.

Brass catcher will definitely cause problems some times
Yes they do. So, just need to do more testing. I love this setup for a truck gun, though. So, I am hoping the cleaning and pulling the brass catcher fixes the issue.

300 Blackout.jpg

So, the gas block is attached to the barrel with a Allen key stud right?
No matter how it's attached (clamped, pinned or hex/torq screws in the bottom) it's still "fixed" a non-adjustable can be any of those.
One other thing that I just remembered
Make sure your gas tube is deadening at the correct place inside your upper receiver
If unsure on what I think he means is......gas tube need to be centered and not cocked to 1 side or the other as it can cause drag on the bcg. Since you stated "firing pin no making full contact" the bolt might not be getting fully closed by just a fraction. What ammo are you using? Also, this was a factory build/partial build (complete upper)? Gas blocks usually have a hole way larger than gas port!

No matter how it's attached (clamped, pinned or hex/torq screws in the bottom) it's still "fixed" a non-adjustable can be any of those.

If unsure on what I think he means is......gas tube need to be centered and not cocked to 1 side or the other as it can cause drag on the bcg. Since you stated "firing pin no making full contact" the bolt might not be getting fully closed by just a fraction. What ammo are you using? Also, this was a factory build/partial build (complete upper)? Gas blocks usually have a hole way larger than gas port!
As for the gas block you are correct, it's pretty much one size fits all which is a good thing. That's why I always check the hole in the barrel to make sure it is correct, usually that's where the problem is.
The gas tube is supposed to be oriented half way in the half moon of the upper receiver.
Just because you ordered from a good company does not mean it is correct, you would think so since you are paying for that kind of service but I can promise you that sometimes you don't get what you pay for.
I am just giving you suggestions on ways to fix your problem.

I will be troubleshooting the small things before I start pulling apart the upper. Could be something simple. It was running flawless prior, but I also wasn't running the brass catcher on it, either.

I will be troubleshooting the small things before I start pulling apart the upper. Could be something simple. It was running flawless prior, but I also wasn't running the brass catcher on it, either.
Did it run better wet, dry or semi lubed when it ran better? Retry that way before moving forward, but do try it without the catcher on it 1st. There could be a piece keeping the bolt from closing in the extension or in the chargehandle channel? I had a pcc do that. Some like running wet and others not so much.

Last edited:
Did it run better wet, dry or semi lubed when it ran better? Retry that way before moving forward, but do try it without the catcher on it 1st. There could be a piece keeping the bolt from closing in the extension or in the chargehandle channel? I had a pcc do that. Some like running wet and others not so much.
I lubed it with One Shot, so it was the dry lube. I am going to clean and lube it the same way. I will bet it will run like it is supposed to without the brass catcher. I just hate having to hunt down my brass. Haha.

I lubed it with One Shot, so it was the dry lube. I am going to clean and lube it the same way. I will bet it will run like it is supposed to without the brass catcher. I just hate having to hunt down my brass. Haha.
There are some catchers that don't have netting.............brass goat is 1 and not sure what the others are

So, the lower works fine on my 5.56. The 300 BO works fine on another lower. Talked to my gunsmith and he suggested a heavier hammer spring for the 300. Cheap troubleshooting, so going to give that a try before I start messing with the buffer.