Suppressor Recommendations

A-Tip

Hi all, im looking for a recommendation on what suppressors you guys like for a 9mm AR? Im very knowledageable about suppressors and after looking at specs (which i have not done yet) i can figure out which can i would like. I just want to pick everyone elses brain first. If the can also works for a 338 lapua, that would be sweet as well.

Ok, 9mm and 338 lapua are hugely different applications. Take it from a guy that's been down this road - instead of trying to find a one-and-done-whizzbang-doeveycartridgeunderthesun can - get yourself a suppressor that fits a specific need. My first can was supposed ti be a catch all, I now own 6, and rarely use my first purchase.

I highly recommend a good 22 can. Highest value for your buck, so much fun. CCI standard velocity is my favorite ammo for 22. It's subsonic, cheap, runs great in everything, and accurate.

For rifle cans - highly recommend thunderbeast. They're quiet, lightweight, and a great company.

There's a million great options for a 9mm can. Get one that won't feel like hanging a brick off the end of a pistol or smaller platform.

Good luck with your choices. Your first suppressor will turn you into a tax stamp collector.

I already have an AAC 22 LR can, an Omega 300, and a Diligent Defense Wolfhunter (i'll hopefully be picking that one up in two weeks), now i am looking for one for a future rifle. I enjoy loading for 9mm because of the high volume of rounds i can put out when i get bored lol. So that is why im looking for a can that can do both. Or maybe i'll be looking for two cans?

I already have an AAC 22 LR can, an Omega 300, and a Diligent Defense Wolfhunter (i'll hopefully be picking that one up in two weeks), now i am looking for one for a future rifle. I enjoy loading for 9mm because of the high volume of rounds i can put out when i get bored lol. So that is why im looking for a can that can do both. Or maybe i'll be looking for two cans?
Highly recommend two cans.

Tagging in. The silencerco omega 36m is a do all but if you already have others it's heavy for a dedicated 9mil.

I like to focus on a purpose for a suppressor. Big and quiet, or swiss army knife, or small and light for hunting. For what you have called out, I would go with two cans. I really like Thunderbeast for the rifle can. I really like AAC TiRant and Silencerco Hybrid 46 for the 9mm needs; would lean towards the Hybrid 46 if carbine only because of its versatility. If you plan to use it for a pistol in the future, you really need a light can for the best function of a piston.

I have several but I have one that goes between my 9mm PCC and 338 Norma and that is a banish 46. It works very well for both applications. It's not a do all but definitely most things very well

Look for two cans.
Thunderbeast Fly 9
Thunderbeast 338 Ultra
That's what I did, two of the best cans on the market IMO. 338 Ultra on 338 Lapua and 300 RUM is fantastic.

I also use:
SiCo Spectre 9 on 9mm carbines
SiCo Hybrid 46 on a bunch of things
SiCo Omega 9k on carbines and pistols
AB Suppressor Raptor 338 on rifles

I will say this. If you decide on going with the Hybrid 46, don't shoot it on a magnum rifle. A guide friend of mine has blown up 2 of them on his 33 Nosler.
Pics or it didn't happen.

SilencerCo 36M should do both 9mm and 338 lapua.

I have a Deadair primal that I have put on a 9mm PCC, all the way up to 338 win mag and 9.3x62. I also use this can for 300 win mag.