Such a thing as too much glass (scope)?

I have found through the years trying to remember what power you are on, and the animal is there is a problem. Most of my shots are in open country or light timber.

So, I've been looking thru a Kahles 4x12x52mm 1" tube for these last 10-12 years on my Remington 7mm saum. The bigger tube diameter is what I'm wanting. Already made up my mind that the gold ring scope brand is what I'm going while. In all honest your weapon is only as good as the glass you're looking thru. Kinda narrowed it down to either a 3x15x56 30mm tube or 4x20x52 34mm tube. What's y'all's thoughts??
I think so. Higher magnification will magnify EVERYTHING. Your breath in cold weather. Movement in your hold. Thermals in hot weather or if you shoot yourself into a hot barrel condition. I had a 4-15x that I shot for years and never noticed my heart beating at the bench. When I went to a 25x I saw movement from my heart beating. So from that perspective is the reason I say yes.

Over the past couple of decades I have run the full range of scope magnification capability for both hunting and competition….IME, depending on the circumstances both games have thresholds where the level of magnification level can reach a diminishing return, or even be a detriment to results. This is particularly true for LRH where it's hard to avoid having to "balance" magnification, size/bulk, weight, mechanical quality, glass quality, ergonomics, and cost. For my particular hunting methods that approximates 25% carry/75% stationary, 1000y max range, medium game/predators, and frequent low light conditions, my particular "sweet spot" is the mid-sized, tier 1 level scopes that fall in the 5x20x50mm range…give or take a couple of mm of each component. Magnification range has rarely, if ever been the detriment to success.
100 percent what he said IMHO

5x20x50 or 6x24x50 with 30mm tube.
One of my favorite Swarovski Z5
3.5x18x44.
34or35mm tube will limit you in areas,
Great for target not so much for hunting.

With a Browing 7 Mag using a Leupold Vari X-II, 4x-12x, I put over 1000 miles on the rifle & scope while it was riding in a scabbard on the side of a horse or mule. Never had any problems. A Leupold Vari X-III in 3.5x-10x A.O. got rougher treatment than the 4-12. I am still using both scopes.

I'm in the MORE MAGFICATION school of thought. My scopes have all become what some people might consider ridiculous but 22x to 25x on the top end simply isn't enough for me any more and 35X and 42X have taken their place.

Even my Florida brush and deer hound hunting scope is now a Leupy 3-15x56 scope on my ultra lightweight Model Seven AWR2 in 308 Winny.

I'm 73 now and since my cataract surgery I test at 20/20 but the clarity a longer ranges even through a scope ain't what it used to be. I'm in superb physical condition due to heavy weight training and cardio so humping a heavy rifle and scope is still not a problem and I don't carry my big rifles all that far anyway.

I'm going to Virginia for a ground hog hunting trip soon and next spring I'll be out west for prairie dogs and marmots.