StaBal 6.5 powder info

My 2C on STaBall6.5. Guns either love it or hate it. It seems to push out of a good accuracy node sometimes if you're trying to get all the speed you can out of it, other times it pushes into one. I'm about 80% on the rifles I've tried loading using it. I've had several people I load for buy it wanting me to use it to speed up their 7mm whizbang, or whatever they are shooting. I've told them it my not work as planned. I load for accuracy 1st, speed 2nd ! And , if I speed it up bad juju can happen. Some still want me to try. Their money to spend. I make sure they are present when I load some for testing so they can see what happens first hand.
Very well said!
Very common misconception! Lots of guys have the need for speed! (I'm guilty as well)
Just because its faster doesn't mean it'll be better!!

Have to agree with Big Game and 7-08. I tried it as well in my .30-06, but it didn't like it, it man it likes Hunter and H4350. My 7-08 likes Varget as well.
I bought some hunter and big game for a friend's 7-08 to try over his imr4064. He hasn't had time to test any. I guess when my barrel comes in I'll try it in that cartridge.

I bought some hunter and big game for a friend's 7-08 to try over his imr4064. He hasn't had time to test any. I guess when my barrel comes in I'll try it in that cartridge.
Big game has been excellent in my 7-08 for 120-140 ballistic tip. I have some 140 Berger loaded up with hunter to confirm my load and looks promising.
Apologies to op for continued derailment.

I would advise reducing your charges to .3 grains when doing pressure ladders. I usually do .5 ladders to find pressure. This went from no pressure signs to extreme over pressure in .5 grains. I didn't get a velocity reading on the over pressure shot, but it trashed my new Peterson brass.

I would advise reducing your charges to .3 grains when doing pressure ladders. I usually do .5 ladders to find pressure. This went from no pressure signs to extreme over pressure in .5 grains. I didn't get a velocity reading on the over pressure shot, but it trashed my new Peterson brass.
Agree 100%
Same experience 🔽🔽🔽
This powder will spike quickly in pressure

Recent Posts