Smoking beef short ribs, hot longanisa, and mallard duck breast

FEENIX

Beef short ribs.jpg

Mallard duck breasts are marinating; I will start smoking them along with the longanisa maybe an hour before the beef ribs are done. Low and slow with a competition blend pellet.

Beef short ribs1.jpg

I pulled it off after 2.5 hours. I made an oven-dried fig in a Barolo wine and honey BBQ sauce to glaze, wrapped it with butcher paper, and returned it to the smoker.

Longanisa and duck breast.jpg

Longanisa and duck breast added.

The feast.jpg

I pulled the duck breast at 120F and finished it on the pan, skin down. Beef short ribs are on a Thai papaya salad. And the duck breast is on steamed Jasmine rice. The chaser is a dark beer - Camp Fire amplifier.

Last edited:
View attachment 471906

Mallard duck breasts are marinating; I will start smoking them along with the longanisa maybe an hour before the beef ribs are done. Low and slow with a competition blend pellet.

View attachment 471946
I pulled it off after 2.5 hours. I made an oven-dried fig in a Barolo wine and honey BBQ sauce to glaze, wrapped it with butcher paper, and returned it to the smoker.

View attachment 472012
Longanisa and duck breast added.

View attachment 472034
I pulled the duck breast at 120F and finished it on the pan, skin down. Beef short ribs are on a Thai papaya salad. And the duck breast is on steamed Jasmine rice. The chaser is a dark beer - Camp Fire amplifier.
YOU SIR...... oughta cook in an up scale restaurant....
FINE JOB...... A MEAL FIT FOR A KING....